• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at Yamaha better come forward and tell us what the hell is going on. Are you in or are you out? This was the most embarrassing lineup I have seen in a long time. I invite someone from Yamaha to read this entire thread word for word and tell us how you feel after. I bet you they will even be disappointed by the release.

Time for Yamaha to pack it in. Why bother with sleds? They don't seem interested, and it can't be that profitable to supply engines to Cat. If they wanted to build a new Japanese machine I'm sure they could have figured it out already. Really sad!!

Yeah, new line up sucks big. Both Yamaha and Arctic Cat dealers might as well change their signs to read "Snowmobile Dealer" and then just have a selection of stickers and then when you purchase a 'snowmobile' you then just select which set of stickers you have them put on. (A/C or Yamaha)

I would say that "it is the beginning of the end" for Yamaha, but the truth is that it more like the "middle of the end". This year's AC and Yamaha line-ups make one thing perfectly clear....Yamaha needs AC more than AC needs Yamaha. The "engines for sleds", "sleds for engines" deal is effectively over. AC is out of the 4-stroke market, with the exception of the T-Cat. If AC can come up with a monster 2-stroke for 2021, they will have no need for Yamaha at all. Some have suggested that Yamaha is not a sled builder, it is an engine supplier, but honestly, now Yamaha is not even an engine supplier, it's a "consumer", buying sleds from AC, paying AC to put its engines in, and its graphics on, AC sleds. Whenever the original Yamaha/AC deal ends, if Textron wants to, they can take Yamaha out of the snowmobile business altogether.

If I wasn't so near to retiring, I would apply for a job with Yamaha's snowmobile division. It has to be one of the softest jobs in the world. You get paid all sorts of money, and you don't actually have to do anything.

Everyone that thought the snoscoot was a good fit for young-ins, that is now gone I am sure due to low sales.
Lets face it, the winters past has put a huge damper on the sled biz, and this awesome winter so far is possibly a fluke, who knows.
The other manufactures did nothing exciting, why would Yamaha have done anything different? Still the best sled in the biz as far as I am concerned. We will have to wait and see if winter seasons are really back, and maybe by then the 4 strokes will have a zillion miles and need to be replaced.

Everyone that thought the snoscoot was a good fit for young-ins, that is now gone I am sure due to low sales.
Lets face it, the winters past has put a huge damper on the sled biz, and this awesome winter so far is possibly a fluke, who knows.
The other manufactures did nothing exciting, why would Yamaha have done anything different? Still the best sled in the biz as far as I am concerned. We will have to wait and see if winter seasons are really back, and maybe by then the 4 strokes will have a zillion miles and need to be replaced.

The winter isn’t great everywhere. South western Ontario is the worse it has been in years. It’s never amazing but this year is just terrible for riding around home.

I see NO yamacats in your stable. Best sled in the biz?? LOL Maybe in 2011?

Ummm https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/youth/models/snoscoot-es

Snowscoot is still there, in Yellow or Blue. With updated carb, tie-rods and steering post.

Snowscoot is still there, in Yellow or Blue. With updated carb, tie-rods and steering post.
When I looked at it at noon was not showing the snow scoot for 2020, just 2019. Maybe they are still updating web site.....will the 2020 Apex replacement show yet today....lol

I see NO yamacats in your stable. Best sled in the biz?? LOL Maybe in 2011?
Well I am talking true Yamaha's, 2018 was the last year of course.......of true Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back