• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SR Viper thoughts

That was on GPS I never go by the speedo when comparing. So on the Viper even the speedo only said 92. And like I said other guys I rode with said about the same top end.

ok so my 16 was reflashed last year and it was much much better it finally starts decent and idles and runs much cleaner. whats weird is my MPG went down....but anyways does the 2020 have that flash from last year , or is there yet another new flash and should i get the one that's on the 2020 ???

Same flash
My Grandson's 2014 acting up, so I took it into the dealer to have them go over it. They compression tested it and installed the latest flash, and now it starts and runs like a Swiss clock. Is it my imagination, or did the new flash give the old sled some extra power? I rode my 2016 first, and when I got on the 2014, it felt like it had noticeably more power. The 2014 has always had a higher top end, but the difference in acceleration is what I really notice now.

My Grandson's 2014 acting up, so I took it into the dealer to have them go over it. They compression tested it and installed the latest flash, and now it starts and runs like a Swiss clock. Is it my imagination, or did the new flash give the old sled some extra power? I rode my 2016 first, and when I got on the 2014, it felt like it had noticeably more power. The 2014 has always had a higher top end, but the difference in acceleration is what I really notice now.
It did give more power. Acceleration.

Would love to have a Viper with the aftermarket power steering. Am I wrong but is it not more expensive. To insure a 1049cc than a 998 Turbo? Sidewinder etc. I felt the insurance companies only look at displacement. And not horsepower. I felt I got burned on my insurance for my 2 Vectors. Almost $900.00 full coverage for the 2. Last year. Was a lot cheaper the previous year. Got 2 Quotes. Was told that they did not like them being over 1,000 cc"s. I told them that 600 2Strokes weighing 200 pounds less. Had almost the same horsepower. Am I wrong? I did get quotes from 2 different companies. My longtime agent whose husband used to race Snocross told me that info. I went with another quote because it was a little cheaper. Foremost and not Progressive (Floe) LoL!

Last edited:
Would love to have a Viper with the aftermarket power steering. Am I wrong but is it not more expensive. To insure a 1049cc than a 998 Turbo? Sidewinder etc. I felt the insurance companies only look at displacement. And not horsepower. I felt I got burned on my insurance for my 2 Vectors. Almost $900.00 full coverage for the 2. Last year. Was a lot cheaper the previous year. Got 2 Quotes. Was told that they did not like them being over 1,000 cc"s. I told them that 600 2Strokes weighing 200 pounds less. Had almost the same horsepower. Am I wrong? I did get quotes from 2 different companies. My longtime agent whose husband used to race Snocross told me that info. I went with another quote because it was a little cheaper. Foremost and not Progressive (Floe) LoL!
Wow...I am with Progressive, and I have four sleds, three with the 1049cc engine, and one Sidewinder with the 998cc engine. I have full coverage on all sleds, and my total premium is $1,023.

Back