• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Yamaha would plan its release after the 2 biggest spring shows in the north east, Old Forge and Coldbrook NH.

Only Yamaha would plan its release after the 2 biggest spring shows in the north east, Old Forge and Coldbrook NH.
So that tells you everything nothing new but rebadged blast

Did they (Yamaha) not say a few years back that they were working on 10 new sleds over the comming 5 years (I'm not sure about the numbers) and that one was an all Japanese sled.. Kris Reid said this before he left??

Last edited:
A buddy of mine talked to a dealer and they said new venom with Arctic cat 600 hundred engine.

Well Yamaha said that they were not committed to 2 strokes but I think they never said they would not use some other brand though, the new Venom will be a re stickered transporter without the rear rack and the bigger lug track, they will sell by the thousands.

I would like to see some more options for colours, tracks, etc. I know we are not getting a Yamaha 2 stroke motor, or a new suspension or whatever we all complain about. I guess those are all tall orders. So why not just give us more colour options? Or maybe the Ice Ripper track, or different lug lengths Stuff that's easy to do. Gimme an option for a Winder with QS3's, (don't need that Iact) in a colour that I like and I may pull the trigger!!
this is exactly what I was thinking...whats wrong with track options and at my age, riding. big bright red machine people will think I'm having a mid-life crisis.lol. some more subtle colors would be nice, the red is nice too though. I almost bought a new STX GT last week and asked if I could get an ice ripper track...answer was I could but would have to buy a completely new track...that doesn't make sense...power steering would be nice too.

this is exactly what I was thinking...whats wrong with track options and at my age, riding. big bright red machine people will think I'm having a mid-life crisis.lol. some more subtle colors would be nice, the red is nice too though. I almost bought a new STX GT last week and asked if I could get an ice ripper track...answer was I could but would have to buy a completely new track...that doesn't make sense...power steering would be nice too.
X2

Last week I sold my 2016 RS VENTURE TF, I really liked the look and that big windshield and power steering were totally awesome..loved the blue and silver/grey coloring...it rode really nice and never had a thought of it breaking down, plenty of power and my wife could drive it no problem...the drone below 40mph was not agreeable with my ear issues.
Test drove the new Sidewinder stx-gt 2up and it was nice and quiet...no drone issues so I will probably get one but waiting for the new release and see what options they might have...like a place to put the gps, and for gods sake it should come with rear view mirrors, ice ripper track without it costing an extra 1.5-2k. I hit ice one time on the TF and it was hard to control with the rip saw track( loss of control)...I'm not a crazy fast driver and with the wife on the back I take even more caution, so seeing what's coming up to pass is just a safe play. From what I understand there is a kit to add power steering.
I really want to get a Yamaha and I don't care if its a Cat chases, it has a dependable Yamaha engine and mechanics, I really don't want to follow the herd with a Doo..I have driven the Doo and they are nice but just seem a bit plastic if that makes any sense. If Yamaha is listening, please just a bit more finish...I bet it would pay off.

Last week I sold my 2016 RS VENTURE TF, I really liked the look and that big windshield and power steering were totally awesome..loved the blue and silver/grey coloring...it rode really nice and never had a thought of it breaking down, plenty of power and my wife could drive it no problem...the drone below 40mph was not agreeable with my ear issues.
Test drove the new Sidewinder stx-gt 2up and it was nice and quiet...no drone issues so I will probably get one but waiting for the new release and see what options they might have...like a place to put the gps, and for gods sake it should come with rear view mirrors, ice ripper track without it costing an extra 1.5-2k. I hit ice one time on the TF and it was hard to control with the rip saw track( loss of control)...I'm not a crazy fast driver and with the wife on the back I take even more caution, so seeing what's coming up to pass is just a safe play. From what I understand there is a kit to add power steering.
I really want to get a Yamaha and I don't care if its a Cat chases, it has a dependable Yamaha engine and mechanics, I really don't want to follow the herd with a Doo..I have driven the Doo and they are nice but just seem a bit plastic if that makes any sense. If Yamaha is listening, please just a bit more finish...I bet it would pay off.

I offer a nice gps mount for sidewinder if you opt for one. Also my mechanical power steering kits will make the sidewinder steer with ease.

I offer a nice gps mount for sidewinder if you opt for one. Also my mechanical power steering kits will make the sidewinder steer with ease.
My buddy bought one for his winder from you, says it works well

You made a good move! That 2up winder will treat you well! Stud the track for $3-$400 with real studs, 96 will be fine, buy a $10 mirror that straps around your glove so you can periodically check what’s behind you and they really do work good for a quick glance. Or buy the windshield mirrors, yes it should be included on a 2up “touring” sled. I don’t mind the all red, But I do agree they need some more colour options. I even think if they came out with some old vmax colours it would be ok. Dark purple, or silver like on the old vmax 700 deluxe. Or just Yamaha blue.

I kind of laugh when people say they can't handle the Vector ride. I (55) and my wife (51) have over 1000 miles on them this year and just got back from a trip putting 415 miles on in 3 days and we both are fine and not sore. Then you have mile record breaking Nick Keller that puts unbelievable miles on his Vectors averaging over 10,000 miles a year and I believe he is in his 60's. All my sleds are completely stock and as far as I know Nicks are mostly stock also.
I rode a 2011 Vector LTX for several years before getting a Viper in 2015. I now ride a 2019 Sidewinder LTX-DX with upgraded QS3R shocks. I am 69 years old, and I rode almost 1,800 miles last week on my Sidewinder over trails good, bad, and awful. As I sit at my desk today, I am not the least bit sore or tired. If I had been riding my Vector, I would be mainlining Ibuprofen. Trust me, there is a difference.

It's the shocks that makes the difference!
Doesnt really matter what sled.
The QS3s do make a big difference, I have a viper with a set and another viper without. Both ride very good, but the one with QS3s definitely takes the bigger bumps better. The LTX DX with the regular shocks are more plush and are very nice for trail cruising on well groomed trails. It all depends on what you want to do with the sled and how you plan on riding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back