• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 srx please help

zxtyler

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 SRX
Hey guys, have a brand new SRX, went up northern Michigan over this last weekend to get a start to breaking it in, since about 3 miles it has this weird air box noise. We have checked all the necessary clamps and everything was tight and good, also changed the BOV with another sidewinder just to see if it was that, and it didn’t change anything. If you guys could please get on YouTube and look up “2021 SRX (air box noise)” the part one was on the trail, the other one is once we got back to the shop and took the air filter off.
Please and thank you
I could not figure out how to copy the link and post it here

Sorry bud went on YouTube have no clue. I just bought the same sled so please post your findings good luck

I'm thinking it's the Roll over valve. Take the vent off the top of the oil tank and see it if quits. If it does, its the Roll over valve venting to the airbox, which Is where I believe they vent it to on the newer sleds.

As the engine builds up pressure it vents, then holds, then vents, the Roll over valve is spring loaded so it takes x amount of pressure to open it up. The noise you hear is that venting thru the ROV.

This is the hose I'm speaking of removing to test and see if the noise goes away.
getting-rid-of-the-roll-over-valve.151185

Last edited:
Oh, and I hope you're breaking it in hard and not easy and by the book...

After watching the video I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like mine just louder though.

The noise is the rollover valve vented to the air box.Open up the air box lid or pull out the hose from back of it while idling and you will be able to definitely hear that is what it is ,if only for peace of mind .

We did figure it out. You guys confirming is awesome! Thank you! We kinda panicked I guess. You know how much these things stupid cost.

Can you please tell on the 2o21 where the roll over valve is? I believe on my 2020 its been moved

It’s tucked just in front of the steering post, follow the hose from top of oil tank.

Thanks snowcaine for these pics.

upload_2020-12-16_23-20-10.jpeg

Last edited:

Back