• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Polaris VR1 and Assault Boost

Mike is right.
First Poo 850 he hit a tree & it went up in flames. We couldn't put it out.
Next morning he had a new 2022 model.
Always good stories when we hit the County.

IMG_1946.jpg
IMG_1931.jpg

The weird thing is, i've heard of 3 more Poo's that caught fire after an accident in Maine alone.
I wonder what's up wit' dat?

This is a Polaris Thread so i can comment here on this sled:

1. It handles AMAZING
2. It sounds HORRIBLE like an 80's FUJI
3. Seat is too narrow for me. Like wearing a G-string
4. NO footwells. HORRIBLE
5. Nice screen. To me best in biz. I don't need it, but nice.
6. You can get track & color options
7. Bags are ok, but not as good as LinQ, but better than Cat
8. Very quick & a tad faster than 850 DOO from my findings
9. I DO NOT TRUST the MOTORS YET!!!! I believe the E-tecs are just more reliable from my findings

P.S: My G-string analogy is just an assumption. I have NO experience with these. A Thong is a different story.
P.S2: 25 years old, 2 girls, Tequila & a weekend in Florida. You'd be SURPRISED what you'd do!

Last edited:
If I race my buddies and they are on poo s with 7s I can record the screen and prove how many feet I beat them by!!
:jump:

This is a Polaris Thread so i can comment here on this sled:

P.S: My G-string analogy is just an assumption. I have NO experience with these. A Thong is a different story.
P.S2: 25 years old, 2 girls, Tequila & a weekend in Florida. Yo'd be surprised what you'd do
Without pics it didn't happen.............:worth:

Some good speed runs at the end. Not sure what track the boost had. Looks like the stock Sidewinder will still be in the hunt for top speed. Especially the SRX. Are the Polaris speeds GPS on that gauge?

Some good speed runs at the end. Not sure what track the boost had. Looks like the stock Sidewinder will still be in the hunt for top speed. Especially the SRX. Are the Polaris speeds GPS on that gauge?

My understanding is no. The GPS is not used for the speedo on the 7s (you would lose it in the trees, canyons, etc).

Looking at that video and the condition of that lake... The SRX and TCat have nothing to worry about, even in stock form. The Mach Z however should be concerned.

Looking at that video and the condition of that lake... The SRX and TCat have nothing to worry about, even in stock form. The Mach Z however should be concerned.
Those were all speedo runs, the VR1 is off about 5MPH high comparing speedo to GPS. If you do a search for polaris vr1 top speeds they consistently hit 100GPs, the assaults are faster, typically 105-110 GPS, 115 speedo.

Snowtrax had 121 on there speedo at one point.

Will be interesting to see what sled gets to each of it's too speed first.

Snowtrax had 121 on there speedo at one point.

Will be interesting to see what sled gets to each of it's too speed first.

The one on the trail? I only saw 119 on the gauge and 121 below. That 119 or even 121 translates into ~114-116 GPS, fast..but not that fast and more importantly, that is probably near peak for boost that it can handle reliably but we shall see, I am sure someone will find a way to put 20 psi into it. I think its going to be a fun sled and 116 sounds about right for the increase in power (10%) over what the standard VR1/XCR/Assault are showing in real world conditions.

Am i the only one concerned that neither 2 stroke turbo offered uses an intercooler? Can you say heat soak?

Back