• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

same in my area,and that is where i'll be going next

I'm way over the hill in age and put on near 30k dependable miles on a Yami machines since 2007. never left me strandedn. I know the machine well as I have done all my own maintenance etc. All I want is a easy trail ride thru our North Country during the week with the wife on her Yami as well. We paid $8500 for mine new a couple of years ago and $6k 2013 vector ltx used with 800 miles. I saw a skidoo line up at the dealer and was shocked at the prices. 17k or more. The seat was way too short for one compared to mine. Anyway that machine probably would not give me a better day on the trails I'm sure for the money spent.

Same old sheet…
And yet....they will sell every one of them they can make.
I know we all want new stuff. New product is exciting. New tech is exciting. But when they sell every unit they make, what is the incentive?
Maybe they dont care about being #1 in sales? Maybe just having a presence is enough? I don't know their motivation.
For every person who threatens to go buy somewhere else, someone else takes their place.
Look at the history of Yamaha and some of their models in other line ups.
The TW 200, the XT line, the Raptor, The Rhino. All these went years without changes. Yet they sold every one of them every year.
Look, I like new stuff too. I would love to see new models, engines, gauges, bodywork etc. It is exciting to see new models every year.
Maybe they like making XXXXX units a year and selling XXXXX units a year. It makes them a small profit and keeps the line moving with a four-season presence.. No leftover units to worry about or burden the dealers with.
Again, I don't know or defend their motivation, just providing a different thought.

I know we all want new stuff. New product is exciting. New tech is exciting. But when they sell every unit they make, what is the incentive?
Maybe they dont care about being #1 in sales? Maybe just having a presence is enough? I don't know their motivation.
For every person who threatens to go buy somewhere else, someone else takes their place.
The TW 200, the XT line, the Raptor, The Rhino. All these went years without changes. Yet they sold every one of them every year.
Look, I like new stuff too. I would love to see new models, engines, gauges, bodywork etc. It is exciting to see new models every year.
Maybe they like making XXXXX units a year and selling XXXXX units a year. It makes them a small profit and keeps the line moving with a four-season presence.. No leftover units to worry about or burden the dealers with.
Again, I don't know or defend their motivation, just providing a different thought.
You pretty much nailed it!

I'm way over the hill in age and put on near 30k dependable miles on a Yami machines since 2007. never left me strandedn. I know the machine well as I have done all my own maintenance etc. All I want is a easy trail ride thru our North Country during the week with the wife on her Yami as well. We paid $8500 for mine new a couple of years ago and $6k 2013 vector ltx used with 800 miles. I saw a skidoo line up at the dealer and was shocked at the prices. 17k or more. The seat was way too short for one compared to mine. Anyway that machine probably would not give me a better day on the trails I'm sure for the money spent.
Well i say that's where i'm going next but not sure i'm buying anymore.....This is the first winter i have been sled less since 1985 and it makes for a long winter,but i just find the investment is really not worth it for me anymore,the last two winters i rode i was alone 95% of the time,wife has no interest anymore as with most of my friend's ,still have an old one for riding around on my property(170 acres) but not sure i want to pay the price there asking for any off the new ones......The price of everything has gone crazy

I love these vipers, on my 3rd one. Would just be nice to see a smaller 4 stroke like a twin cylinder for the wife. I get it, don’t fix what isn’t broken…

Looks like Yamaha will be the first of the OEM's to come out with electric sleds in MY23.

Both a 200 class and 600 class sled from what I've heard.

Like it or not here they come to a trail near you.

Last edited:
Trail or utility sled?

Probably limited trail and maximum utility. Electric vehicles are best used in a confined operating range. The range opens up with better/newer vehicles but its still not 'limitless'. All that good torque is best put to use for short stint utility work, I am sure yamaha would do well selling into the fleet customers (ski resorts, etc).

I love these vipers, on my 3rd one. Would just be nice to see a smaller 4 stroke like a twin cylinder for the wife. I get it, don’t fix what isn’t broken…
I'd like the Phazer engine or similar in a Procross chassis with a whisper quiet muffler like the Ski Doo Ace series. It won't ever happen unless I build my own. I love the Phazer on the trails but it just isn't stable and easy to ride off trail compared to the Procross or REV chassis I've ridden lately. I don't mind a challenge while riding but sometimes I just want to sit down and steer and the newer stuff provides that.

Looks like Yamaha will be the first of the OEM's to come out with electric sleds in MY23.

I’d be really interested if they do come out with an EV sled.

What are the chances that the multi funciton screen gets implemented from AC? This photo was around this time last year. It looks a lot like the adventure pro screen from the RMAX. Of course with cat features shown. This gives me the thought that some of the top of the foodchain yamacats will have this screen possible as well.

Although I didn't see it on the XTX-SE Jaret was sitting on.

274750100_747119952847887_6199256701876597758_n.jpg

274818321_10158430588805009_5435995296470285799_n.jpg

Although I didn't see it on the XTX-SE Jaret was sitting on
Those are pre-production units. Things can and do change. I like the looks of that gauge actually. Hopefully it is big and high in the cowl.

If its coming from Japan i might be interested

Back