• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

23 srx rear torsion spring rates?

Rtbo

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
23 SRX
Does anyone know what the spring rates are on a 23 srx and if there is a chart with torsion spring rates where I can choose a new one, arctic cat if possible to keep the price down. I’m looking for a heavier finish rate

Does anyone know what the spring rates are on a 23 srx and if there is a chart with torsion spring rates where I can choose a new one, arctic cat if possible to keep the price down. I’m looking for a heavier finish rate
there is 4 different rates of spring. 16.9 stock then 18 and 20 and 22, i went with 20 and that's plenty for my 350 pound butt. and they are the cheapest. just look up 2023 stx sidewinder springs same part number and 100 dollars per side cheaper

Do what I did change them to the 21 sidewinder ltx le springs perfect in fact swapped the front ones also

The part numbers are the same between a 23 srx and a 17 ltx le.

Do a search, since I know there's another thread talking about this recently. the REAR SRX Torsion springs have thicker wire (.405 vs .394) so will be heavier to finish. They provide lower sag with 100 degree angle vs 90 as well to give the lower ride height.
They stopped using the lower springs in 2021, so you need to look at the SRX from 2019-2021 or the T-cat for similar years. So there will be only 3 years that the stiffer and lower rear Torsions were used.

I did a search before I made a new thread because I thought I read into this before. I appreciate the help but maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m happy with the initial spring rate but I’m looking for a heavier finish rate. Right now I’m running one side on 2 and the other on 3, that is what I ran my 17 ltx le on but this feels softer even though they share part numbers, I know it’s different shock valving. I would like to run on 1-2 or 2-2 empty (just rider)so I have more room to adjust when I go on week long saddlebag rides but also for more resistance to bottoming while riding solo. I don’t want to revalve shocks till I get the spring right

I did a search before I made a new thread because I thought I read into this before. I appreciate the help but maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m happy with the initial spring rate but I’m looking for a heavier finish rate. Right now I’m running one side on 2 and the other on 3, that is what I ran my 17 ltx le on but this feels softer even though they share part numbers, I know it’s different shock valving. I would like to run on 1-2 or 2-2 empty (just rider)so I have more room to adjust when I go on week long saddlebag rides but also for more resistance to bottoming while riding solo. I don’t want to revalve shocks till I get the spring right

The only way to get that with a torsion spring is to start with a heavier spring but more initial angle. This will allow sit in to stay approximately the same, but spring rate will be higher per degree and rise linearly with compression, at the end of the day, you will require more force to reach the same amount of suspension compression. as @Richard Hodgins pointed out, this is how they did it with the 19-21 SRX

Back