• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

500 Mile Report and Suspension Setup

The harder steering doesn't bother me. I hate any push what so ever!

Have you tried the slim jims in the loose stuff. I had them on my C&A's last year and pushed in certain conditions. Went back to the ol shaper bars!!

The harder steering doesn't bother me. I hate any push what so ever!

Have you tried the slim jims in the loose stuff. I had them on my C&A's last year and pushed in certain conditions. Went back to the ol shaper bars!!
I have. The whole point of the curves it to grab in the loose stuff. This ski/runner combo is great in all conditions.

Good to know. Have heard good reviews on the curves, but haven't tried them yet.

Nice write up,if I ever get to put miles on my ltx-le it will start around your same settings,based off my 80 miles on my boys ltx-se all stock except we did pull straps up 3 holes,and that is it,all stock weights,and everything,but it does not have the same shock package as my wrecked ltx,but still pulls like a freight train,i did the first 80 miles on it last night,on fresh groomed mostly trails in northern maine. Than today in some fresh snow my son did the other 210 miles and took it to 100 mph I was only able to touch it off to 80 a couple times in the darkness of fresh trails,and first time on this new machine,not my first turbo though. So far,man ride was awesome,handling,well stock skis,stock 3" carbides and limiters only pulled down a few holes was all we had time to do,but was still able to throw it around in and out of the tight stuff preety good,but I am also wounded and have knee braces on both legs,so I was limited. My impression,1-10 (9) for now,after some ski and carbide changes (pilot 5.7) w/7" sharpers,i am sure it will hit 10..

Nice write up,if I ever get to put miles on my ltx-le it will start around your same settings,based off my 80 miles on my boys ltx-se all stock except we did pull straps up 3 holes,and that is it,all stock weights,and everything,but it does not have the same shock package as my wrecked ltx,but still pulls like a freight train,i did the first 80 miles on it last night,on fresh groomed mostly trails in northern maine. Than today in some fresh snow my son did the other 210 miles and took it to 100 mph I was only able to touch it off to 80 a couple times in the darkness of fresh trails,and first time on this new machine,not my first turbo though. So far,man ride was awesome,handling,well stock skis,stock 3" carbides and limiters only pulled down a few holes was all we had time to do,but was still able to throw it around in and out of the tight stuff preety good,but I am also wounded and have knee braces on both legs,so I was limited. My impression,1-10 (9) for now,after some ski and carbide changes (pilot 5.7) w/7" sharpers,i am sure it will hit 10..
glad to see ya out. how's your sled lookin?

That's a great write up with some really good information. Thanks for taking the time to post your set up results. ;)!

I'm curious as to where everyone's limiter strap was set from the factory. Mine was set in the number 2 hole or the 2nd longest position when I picked it up from the dealer. This is on a LTX-LE.

I'm hoping that mine was set in the recommended stock location but since there's no factory specs in the owner's manual for the stock settings it's hard to tell what the baseline setting would be.

Since I've got zero miles on mine so far I'm anxious to see where to start with my suspension settings with SLP Mohawk skis and a 1.5" lug Ripsaw 2 track installed.

Last edited:
That's a great write up with some really good information. Thanks for taking the time to post your set up results. ;)!

I'm curious as to where everyone's limiter strap was set from the factory. Mine was set in the number 2 hole or the 2nd longest position when I picked it up from the dealer.

I'm hoping that mine was set in the recommended stock location but since there's no factory specs in the owner's manual for the stock settings it's hard to tell what the baseline setting would be.

Since I've got zero miles on mine so far I'm anxious to see where to start with my suspension settings with SLP Mohawk skis and a 1.5" lug Ripsaw 2 track installed.
stx dx came with strap on last hole

I just got back from the 4th day of my break in trip and now have a little over 500 miles on the LTX LE. I'm going to warn everyone that hasn't put any miles on it yet, especially if you've never run a turbo sled, have respect for this thing. It is sneaky fast. You grab the throttle and it is so smooth you don't realize how fast you are going till you need to slow down for the next corner.

Out of the box it has way too much ski pressure. I could barely turn the handlebars. After 4 days of tweaking I have it running like it's on rails. No push, no inside ski lift and pretty light steering. With my setup I can't lift the skis to the air but that's not what i'm interested in. I run high speed windy groomed trail and like it to handle flat and keep the skis down when I get into the throttle mid corner. It is transferring just enough to get all the traction I need but still keep the front nice and flat. Now this is the best riding and handling sled I've ever ridden. On #1 on all shocks it is firm but not rough. I can carry through 10-12 in chop at full speed and only bottom once in a while on that setting. I was joking today saying the numbers are the size in feet that the moguls in the trail are. At the same time it is nice and smooth over the small wash board stuff while seated. The dual rate center setup is really nice. I'm probably going to take another 1/2 to full turn out of the center shock but I'm just getting picky at that point. If you like to run the groomed stuff at high speed I recommend starting at what I have listed below. Probably isn't the greatest for drag racing but I really couldn't care less about that. The limiter straps seemed extreme to me but it's what works for how I like to ride.

Ergos are the same if you've ridden a viper. I've always liked the procross chassis when it comes to this. The first day I thought the seat was stiffer than my viper but it just needed broken in. Now it's firm but comfy.

On to the engine. Did I mention how fast it is? I'm coming off an MPI Trail Viper from the last two years and this thing is on a whole different level. There is ZERO lag when you pin it. It just takes off like a rocket and doesn't stop pulling till you let up. The trails I ran this week didn't give me much of a chance to let it go. I only got it to 96 on GPS for a split second but it didn't take much room to get there. The clutching seems close right now but I won't be able to tell until I can get it out on a lake and let it loose. I just didn't have enough room to be watching the tach while pinning it to see where the RPMs were settling in at. After the first day I thought that the rollers were flat spotting but after looking at them at 500 miles they are all round, wearing even and all making contact with the helix.

Over all I think this is the greatest package ever offered from any factory for the type of riding I do. I couldn't be happier with it. Below is my full setup at the moment if anyone is interested in the details.

Rider: 200 Lbs

Skis: Curve XS with 6" Slim Jims

Suspension
Front Springs: 50 threads showing
Front Compression: 1
Front Rebound: 8 from full soft
Center Spring: 9 threads showing
Center Compression: 1
Rear Springs: 1
Rear Compression: 1
Rear Rebound: 8 from full soft
Limiter Straps: 3rd hole (middle)
Transfer Blocks: 1

Clutching
Primary
Thunder Products Heavy Hitters
1/4 & 3/4 allen in the heel
Added 2 thin washers to the middle and the tip from what came in the box.

Secondary
Stock, 70 degrees on the spring

Was planning on starting a thread exactly like this tonight! I just put on my first 100 miles on my LTX-DX 137....I have to echo the report here regarding the setup, my steering was so heavy and the sled was pushing hard every corner. I put Curve skis and 4"carbides on along with 144 studs....Drove me nuts, the dealer claimed to have set my sled up perfect! "You won't need to make many adjustments if any". So far I have taken front springs down 1/8 inch and this made a huge difference. Less steering effort and sled now rotates in the corners with on-off throttle application and a little body English! This also helped a great deal with transfer . Tomorrow I intend to add some preload to the rear spring, and then fool around with the limit staps.

I rode Greenville area Monday and Sherman/Long Pond area Tuesday-Thursday. Some fun trails up here. I'm going to have to come back up when the season is in full swing. I think I'll head up to Caribou next time or saddle bag it out of Sherman for 5 days.

I'm curious as to where everyone's limiter strap was set from the factory. Mine was set in the number 2 hole or the 2nd longest position when I picked it up from the dealer. This is on a LTX-LE.

Mine was in 2nd from last. Almost full loose.

I rode Greenville area Monday and Sherman/Long Pond area Tuesday-Thursday. Some fun trails up here. I'm going to have to come back up when the season is in full swing. I think I'll head up to Caribou next time or saddle bag it out of Sherman for 5 days.
hate to ask, hows the trails? love it up there. i stay in rockwood on moosehead. many sleds yet?

Back