• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

6 Ounce Battery?

Those start packs work but after a start how are u gonna charge it won't last for ever. Plus be carefully with a agm battery discharge them and dont charge them with a proper agm charger u might as well throw ur money out the window
The 12v, 2a accessory will provide the charge while riding if needed. The boost packs should boost a sled more than just a few times as posted in the links above that demontrate a V6 being started multiple times, back to back. And I won't be using the AGM battery, still too heavy to justify the cost vs the lighter weight lithiums discussed here. Thanks for the input though as guys choosing an AGM may not have known this.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I do a lot of snowmobiling in cold weather. I just can't believe that anyone would trade a dependable start in cold weather for a few ounces (or even pounds) of weight loss. Especially on a 4 stroke sled which does not have a pull start option. Because I am not that concerned about the added weight, I carry a set of jumper cables in my rear storage bag. You guys that are saving weight with smaller batteries can only hope that I am around with my big heavy battery and jumper cables to give you a jump start when your little light weight battery leaves you stranded. Just my $0.02

I understand, my Dad always has jumper cables, which is the back up, if this is a failed venture. I'm in a don't give a crap mood, flip the middle finger to 2014 and try it out. If it was a mistake, I couldn't care less, then heavy it will be, heh heh.

I don't know about you guys, but I do a lot of snowmobiling in cold weather. I just can't believe that anyone would trade a dependable start in cold weather for a few ounces (or even pounds) of weight loss. Especially on a 4 stroke sled which does not have a pull start option. Because I am not that concerned about the added weight, I carry a set of jumper cables in my rear storage bag. You guys that are saving weight with smaller batteries can only hope that I am around with my big heavy battery and jumper cables to give you a jump start when your little light weight battery leaves you stranded. Just my $0.02

You can't depend on a battery no matter what,it can fail on you at any time. And just because its lighter doesn't make it a bad battery.

You can't depend on a battery no matter what,it can fail on you at any time. And just because its lighter doesn't make it a bad battery.

True, any battery can have a failure. However I believe that you can have a great deal of trust in an AGM battery that has been properly maintained and that is less than a few years old.

My point is that with manufacturing defects and other anomalous failures non withstanding, the battery with the highest CCA and AH rating is going to give you the best chance at consistent reliable starts in sub zero weather.

In most cases that means more weight which I find to be an acceptable trade off.

Last edited:
Well my lightweight battery has more power than the original battery but is still 5kg/11lbs lighter than stock:) But i see your point about power, i did use my time to search up this battery before i did by it. And i changed my battery because the stock one failed on me, Luckily it happend home in the garage.

Antigravity Battery YT12BS-16 is working great, turns over the sled faster than ever. So far so good.

Back