• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

8DN slipping in Secondary???

ApexGTman

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Hers - 2017 Sidewinder XTX LE
His - 2015 SR Viper RT-X LE MPI Turbo with Ulmer Stage II Clutch Kit
2012 Apex SE
2006 Apex GT, Stage 2 Ulmer Clutch Kit, Ulmer Stealth Mod Air Box, 144 1.325" Woody's
2003 - RX1
1998 - SRX
1993 - Exciter SX
1992 - Exciter II
My 2015 MPI SRViper LE with Ulmer clutch kit has great bottom end but when it reaches 85 Mph or so that seems like its it. I read that my secondary could be slipping at that speed. How do I determine if its actually slipping and what do I do to remedy it?

Supertips 2-0-2
Ulmer Red Secondary 6-2.
K - Helix
8DN

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:

Check for black marks in BOTH clutches. You may need to adjust weight or secondary spring wrap. You didn't mention shift out RPM

Check for black marks in BOTH clutches. You may need to adjust weight or secondary spring wrap. You didn't mention shift out RPM
It'll hit 9150 (May even Tap the limiter Briefly on take off) and drop off to 84-8500 on top. It cleans off the primary to about 1/4" from the edge. Didn't really check the secondary for any markings.

Last edited:
Your setup is qutie a bit different then mine. I hit 109 yesterday on the trail, not a plow road or icey lake. A feshly groomed trail. 2014 ltx se with 180 mpi kit intake out hood

ulmer weights 4-2-4 (need to add antoher washer to mid and maybe the tip with intake out hood)
ulmer red 3-3
k-helix
8dn with machined secondary

Moving the intake out the hood made a night and day differnce in mid and top end power. Like you my rpms were low on top, I was going to pull a washer from the tip but tryed moving the intake first and now need to add more weight as I can't stay off the limiter.

Your setup is qutie a bit different then mine. I hit 109 yesterday on the trail, not a plow road or icey lake. A feshly groomed trail. 2014 ltx se with 180 mpi kit intake out hood

ulmer weights 4-2-4 (need to add antoher washer to mid and maybe the tip with intake out hood)
ulmer red 3-3
k-helix
8dn with machined secondary

Moving the intake out the hood made a night and day differnce in mid and top end power. Like you my rpms were low on top, I was going to pull a washer from the tip but tryed moving the intake first and now need to add more weight as I can't stay off the limiter.
My intake is on the outside as well. With the 3-3 twist, do you think you are giving up much bottom end pull? Just out of curiosity what is you gems settings, mine is rich in the mid range and under boost. 9's and low 10's for afr numbers at sea level.

I might be giving up some bottom end but it just spins the track anyways so I dont think its was enough to hurt me in a race. It did help keep me off the limiter when the snow get soft. Gems settings are:

Mode1- 2.5
mode2- 4.0
mode3- 3.0
mode4- 5.0
mode5- 4.0

I'm still a little rich cruising but its getting pretty close

Back