• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A few Questions about my 2007 Apex Gt What to fix ?

quebec#1

Expert
Ive really enjoyed the 2200 miles on my 2007 Apex Gt that bought this winter and used from the end of January to this past weekend.
The sled has 7000 miles .
My first question is that the exaust donuts are probaly gone and if so do they effect the the performance of the sled ? I dont see a difference or hear any different type of sounds but will replace them along with Yamaha's new revised sst pipes.
#2 My front end bushings ? I have no slop in the front end and i always wash the sled down after each ride and spray the whole front end down with fogging oil can they last over 7000 miles ?
#3 My ec shock display doesnt work anymore is it just a broken wire ?
#4 Is it time for new jackshaft and chaincase bearings ?
#5 My machine starts ok but it the stater has a weird sound to it been like that for the last 1800 miles sounds like a high squeel sound even some times when i kill the engine sounds like the stater spins a little.

Any ways For sure im doing the exchange for pipes that yamaha now has and the donuts.
new slides (7000 miles )
Look into the ec shock display problem.
Probaly new plugs.
I dont think i will touch the front end bushings.
I guess new chaincase and jackshaft bearings would be a good idea ?

If your EC display doesnt work, its becaue your wire is broken

If you havent greased your driveshaft and jackshaft bearings, you should replace them

You should have replaced all of the bushings in the sled by now.. They dont last long..

I just replaced my front end bushings with Ulmer's bushings.

After 8,000 miles the only wear I noticed was with the rear lower A arm bushings. The others were find but I replaced them.

The slop is easy to detect if your sled is on a lift, just grab the ski assembly and wiggle to see how tight they are. I'm sure if I greased them once a season they could of gone another 8,000 miles. Maybe that's why Yamaha added grease nipples to the 2010's!

Kaz

quebec#1 said:
Easy to replace the bushings myself ?

Yes, have to remove the air box/battery similar as you would to change the oil filter to get at the nuts for the A arms.

Ulmer sells bronze oilite bushings and Pioneer sell a duralon? bushing I believe.

Kaz

Attachments

• frt suspension bushing install 01.jpg
    frt suspension bushing install 01.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 57

Back