• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ADAPT Secondary Helix Angle

Upstater57

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Tcat EPS,
2014 ZR9000 (sold)
1978,1979,1980 SRX (sold)
The stock angle on an ADAPT Tcat Secondary is: 58/49.15 with a 120/220 spring. Has anyone improved upon this set up on a stock sled with stock gearing?

Adapt secondary is 58/49 full progressive not a compound cut like they used on the previous team equipped sleds. Always testing but had to go much shallower to get any belt grip at all on anything other than extreme hardpack, this was with stock sled.

The stock angle on an ADAPT Tcat Secondary is: 58/49.15 with a 120/220 spring. Has anyone improved upon this set up on a stock sled with stock gearing?
Pretty limited availability of helixes for either Tram or ADAPT secondaries. There's a few but not many. I think there's only 3 stock secondary springs Cat sells.

I am trying to decide on a helix to give a whirl this year as well, thinking a little change and add some glide washers or just skip it and go straight to progressive spring

Anyone have any ADAPT helix advice? Anyone test something less than the 58/49?

You mean like less on both angles?
It's pretty common to hear stock ADAPT clutching is not right. Meaning engine runs too slow indicating primary weights are too heavy or secondary helix is too aggressive or secondary spring is too soft or a combination of these.
If so, first thing I would do is start lightening up primary weights.

Anyone have any ADAPT helix advice? Anyone test something less than the 58/49?
Installed my bikeman torsional conversion from my rapid reaction team secondary right into my 2024 cat zr9000rr, works great with stock team 58- 48 so far for me, this means if you have cat team helixs laying around they work in the adapt.

Installed my bikeman torsional conversion from my rapid reaction team secondary right into my 2024 cat zr9000rr, works great with stock team 58- 48 so far for me, this means if you have cat team helixs laying around they work in the adapt.
yes team boss helix's work in the adapt but a factory cat adapt helix will not work in a team/boss clutch. The cat adapt helixs do not have the notches next to the roller slot so it will not drop into place on a boss. None of the aftermarkets are making adapt specific helixs so this problem only pertains to those looking to use a cat brand adapt helix.

Back