• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Always rotate your Clutch CCW to prevent issues when changing clutch parts!!

I'd like to hear thoughts on chain life. Has anyone had to replace a chain on Vector, Nytro or Winder yet?
Just wondering what mileage to expect before it has worn and become too long.
I have changed many chains on various ATV/Motorcycle engines over the years as the teeth, holes and pins wear. Just not this engine yet, but I have a 06 Vector here that is coughing back through the intake a bit at idle, and not running good. Suspecting chain may have jumped a tooth.
Yes 05 or 06 to 08 chain tensioner on the Vectors did not hold up on many of them!
I had researched it last year when my brothers 06 was down on compression. 78 - 189- 00.
Many said tight valves but were wrong. Chain tensioner allows the chain to skip 1 or two teeth. Dam orange dot tensioner. Yamaha updated to blue dot tensioner!

Either way, what was supposed to be a bullet proof engine is not for the early year motors. From 2009 on up
They are tough, and made for many miles just like a 4 stroke should be.

There is a sticky about it under the RS forum, but you probably already know that!

When to change chain on Winder? I hope never!

Found my trouble

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226_131151_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20220226_131151_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 109
So is that the Vector, or the Sidewinder?
It's an 06 Vector with 19000kms, I suspected maybe cam timing was off, but wasn't.
I know, getting off topic, but thought I'd share what I found.
Everything else looks fine. All stock sled.

Back