• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another Apex under tunnel exhaust with pics and vid clip!

pro116 said:
Looks good.I should have mine done monday.I'm using a stock 05 r1 exhaust to keep the noise levels down around stock.Its titanium so its light too.

Sweet. You should post some pics! It's nice to see a few different ways to do things.

Very nice job! It looks a lot better than mine!

Two problems I've run into with mine. It's pretty loud and I'm not sure if it will pass the new Colorado regs. Second, in super deep snow, the sled bogs badly because the sled has trouble ejecting exhaust gases through the snow. Your pipe ejects further to the rear of the tunnel than mine so hopefully yours will do better.

maverick said:
Very nice job! It looks a lot better than mine!

Two problems I've run into with mine. It's pretty loud and I'm not sure if it will pass the new Colorado regs. Second, in super deep snow, the sled bogs badly because the sled has trouble ejecting exhaust gases through the snow. Your pipe ejects further to the rear of the tunnel than mine so hopefully yours will do better.

I have heard of the bogging in the deep snow. Other guys say if I install a snorkel it won't be an issue. Worst case scenario, I will install an exhaust deflector. I just did the snorkel tonight!

Darn Mine won't woj the stock r1 exhaust is titanium.I took it to a weld shop an the they cant get it they even tried brazing it.I guess I will hve to go with an aftermarket exhaust.

pro116 said:
Darn Mine won't woj the stock r1 exhaust is titanium.I took it to a weld shop an the they cant get it they even tried brazing it.I guess I will hve to go with an aftermarket exhaust.

I had one of those a long time ago and if I remember right I ended up slotting the inlet pipe and using a T bolt to clamp it to the header pipe.

Rx1M5

Re: UNDER TUNNEL EXHAUST

PERRY CREEK BOONDOCKER said:
NICE JOB! I AM DOING A SIMILAR PROJECT. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE O-2 SENSOR? DO I NEED TO RUN ONE?

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The 02 is there mainly for air/fuel tuning because my sled is supercharged.

pro116 said:

Not sure about those weld shop dudes---RX1 is all stainless steel.

Very easy to weld The Apex has some Ti peaces but the muffler itself is

stainless and very easy to weld.

99669apex said:
Nice job! What are the benefits of going with a tunnel dump exhaust? I think the twin pipes coming off the back of the Apex look pretty cool. How much weight are you actually saving by going this route?

You'd be surprised how much the stock exhaust system weighs that is eliminated. I'd bet it weighs at least 20 pounds, if not more. Plus the performance of a better-flowing exhaust and not to mention the improved sound, an under-tunnel exhaust is worth the trouble in my opinion. The only drawback I have found is in SUPER DEEP snow. The motor can choke on the back pressure caused from extremely deep snow (2 feet or more) clogging the system.

Nice job, where did you get carbon muffler, dimentions,and cost? Wonder if you can get one a little smaller?

Back