• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another tri hub blown

For anybody who wants to keep the tri hub you need to get the 4th wheel kit. Also I wouldn't buy the tri hub delete kit either because I heard they fail more than the tri hub. Either way you need to have 4 wheels back there.

That is what I did. 8.5” stealth kit.
Hi dennis,how are you and the miss,s doing? Have you any snow now in your yard,that you have been out on, since we got togeather? Oh ya,tell your wife,her jam is awesome,almost all gone lol yummy. Oh ya Merry Christmas to you and family.

winder....4000 miles....the tri hub delete is the only way to go....

Actually its not the only way.
You can also do the maintenance and grease the bearings in the tri-hub just like any other wheel and keep them up to snuff. Or replace the bearings too. Never ceases to amaze me the people that expect things to last without proper care and maintenance.

Grease & inspect the bearings, replace as required and the tri-hub will run as long as any other single wheel.

Truth be told, the tri-hub bolted together is stronger than just single wheels alone and a lighter axle can be used because of this fact. There are aftermarket companies making tri-hubs for other brand machine just for that very reason now. Who would have thought?

winder....4000 miles....the tri hub delete is the only way to go....
You must be talking about the kit with 4 wheels because the tri hub is better than two separate wheels and axle. I have heard of many failures with the two wheel tri hub delete kit.

Hi dennis,how are you and the miss,s doing? Have you any snow now in your yard,that you have been out on, since we got togeather? Oh ya,tell your wife,her jam is awesome,almost all gone lol yummy. Oh ya Merry Christmas to you and family.

Hey Pete, we are doing fine, Thanks for asking!
About 4” here, but no riding yet. Shall find something right after Christmas, too busy until then with plans (Bruins and Pats games during Christmas holidays).

It was a pleasure to meet you and the misses Pete. Your wife’s pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were gone that following day. Lol
Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Sure am glad I did the JT stealth kit after hearing about another tri-hub failure. What did you put on yours Pete?

Guys it's the bearings. They are small but they are a better quality than in first tri hubs but still fail much sooner than even two wheels with the bigger bearings. Worse yet when one fails it takes out other with it. Adding the outer wheel kit hugely helps. 4 wheels with the bigger 6205? Bearings fixes the issue for life of sled. I have 9000 mi on my 4 wheel kit and have never greased the bearings. They are still smooth and grease looks fine. This subject has been beat to death. So maintain religiously stock ones,add outers and do regular seasonal maintainence or get a good 4 wheel kit with bigger bearings and never think about it again. For me it would depend on use,plan to keep sled more than a few seasons and where I ride. Of course $ also.

Back