• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any damage done (reverse gear grinding?)

quebec#1

Expert
Ok i guess its time to adjust my reverse gear link linkage !
My machine will move back about 2 to 3 feet before it pops out of gear and makes a terrible grinding noise. You guys think any major damage can occur ?

quebec#1 said:
Ok i guess its time to adjust my reverse gear link linkage !
My machine will move back about 2 to 3 feet before it pops out of gear and makes a terrible grinding noise. You guys think any major damage can occur ?

Drain your chaincase oil and pour it through a screen or coffee filter. If you damaged anything you'll see.

So did you guys have to take your brake caliper off to get at the horizontal adjustment? Maybe I just don't have the right tools, but what a b!tch to get at! Any recommendations?

Mine does the same thing. My lower gear, had some slight damage. Where they mesh together. And by slight I hardly noticable. Mine is still out of adjustment. It hasn't ground yet this "winter" but I don't go in reverse on the sled. I get off and back it. And it doesn't go in reverse very often.

make sure you tighten the lock nuts real good, the first time i did it, i only snugged them down and they back out and the adjuster came off, a lot of vibration......

zimmr6 said:
So did you guys have to take your brake caliper off to get at the horizontal adjustment? Maybe I just don't have the right tools, but what a b!tch to get at! Any recommendations?

it's a bitch to do, but you don't have to take off the brake caliper

Back