• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any news on 08 models

joey1

Extreme
I may be opening an old can of worms, but what have any of you heard out there for 2008? Yamaha seems to be pretty quiet, I'm wonderring about snow checking a new Apex mountain or putting a turbo on my 06 I've got just about 2000 km on mine and I'm getting ready to trade up or tinker with mine.

Try to tell the truth!! or at least make it sound plausible.

thanks

Clint :yam:

My dealer said he thought there would be a 125-130 hp sled to replace the nytro. Similar to there snow cross sled. I don't think there will be any big hp sled ton replace the Apex until another year. I'm debating the same thing putting a supercharger on 2006 Apex i have or just waiting one more yaer

Yamaha has been on the 3 year cycle since about 2000. Every 3 years the model either gets replaced or a major upgrade like a new chassis or new/updated engine.
The apex wont change untill 09 but there will be some new sleds in 08. Not a big HP sled but a sled with similar power to weight ratio as the apex. Might be the perfect sled for some.

I do know I wont snowcheck a sled anymore. Its just not worth it. Just wait till january and buy any sled you want with big savings. maybe even buy a sled with a few hundred miles on it and save thousands. Just my .02 Eric

I won't snowcheck one any more either by january the prices are lower on the sleds than you can preorder them.

That is a good point I am reverting back to my ski-doo days when the only way you could get a cool machine was by snowchecking to get the extra goodies on the "X" model that make you drool otherwise you were stuck buying a regular old adrenaline that had more weight and less features. But you're right Yamaha hasn't done that yet, usually you can find an upgraded model if you search around a little. Good to know I'm not riding the dinosaur yet!!

Now I just have to sell a kidney so I can afford to make my Apex into a 22,000 dollar sled!!!!

:bling

Here's my take on buying power surge vs. waiting till January. On a normal season (not sure if there is such a thing anymore) the deals at power surge time (ie. extra warranty & accessory allowances) are better than anything you will find until at least February (when most sledders have already been riding for 1-2 months). This season with the lack of snow in Nov/Dec led to alot of sleds sitting around at dealers during the time that alot of sleds sales normally occur. This then led to Yamaha stepping up and offering very aggressive incentives late in Dec/Jan.(much better than normal at that time of the year) along with dealers changing their pricing structures (reducing prices to the point of being non-profitable) to help move an excess of units still in stock. This hopefully is a very rare time in the snowmobile world as this problem is not good for the industry on the whole. Not sure many realize this but currently you can buy an Apex for less than what we were selling 92 V-Max 4's for 15 years ago! The new Phazers are less than what a Phazer II cost in 92 also and if you compare a 92 Exciter sale to a Vector sale now they are currently only roughly about $500 apart. Talk about inflation or the lack of! Customers should realize the oppurtunities that are currently out there as I wouldn't expect this trend to continue - take advantage while you can!

I must have missed that boat! But my 2000 mountain max 700 was 8500 cash when I snow checked it new and my 06 Apex mtn was 12500 cash last february in canadian funds I am having a hard time believing that a new phazer which sells new for 8500 cdn would be only 500 more than in 1991!?

joey1 said:
I must have missed that boat! But my 2000 mountain max 700 was 8500 cash when I snow checked it new and my 06 Apex mtn was 12500 cash last february in canadian funds I am having a hard time believing that a new phazer which sells new for 8500 cdn would be only 500 more than in 1991!?

Thats in America, in Canada we get screwed over on the price...

Just got an email from Maxsled regarding release dates by manufacturer:

Dates to Remember
Here's some exciting news; the release dates are announced from the manufactures for their 2008 model lineups. Ski-Doo will release part of their lineup on February 23rd and the remainder on March 4th. Yamaha releases their information on February 25th. Arctic Cat's release is March 10th and Polaris is releasing theirs on March 13th. Stay tuned to MaxSled and Max Bits for exclusive information on the new models.

According to Snow Tech Mag!

There is some speculation that yamaha might add a turbo or a supercharger for the mountain dudes out there like me....the only question is...how much they gonna charge for a Apex with a aftermarket turbo right from factory.

Back