• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any suggestions for a NY road trip?...

Q. Arrius

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX LE (red)
'12 Apex SE (black)
'12 Arctic Cat F800 snopro (129, orange)
'15 SRX 120 (blue)
''15 S.Doo Renegade XRS (Ronald McDonald colors)
Does anyone have any good suggestions on what areas in New York to consider, for a road trip from the upper Midwest / Michigan? 3 to 5 guys, probably a week, including driving.

I believe we're looking at all factors, like trail conditions, crowds, hotels, scenic....meaning we're experienced enough to weigh all the pros and cons, and not focus on one peticular benefit vs a lot of downside.

I am willing to bet, this will be a one time ever trip....so it's probably worthwhile to do it right.

Also: any help on understanding the NY Snowmobilers Association voucher deal? It seems registering a sled to ride in NY is all about the state getting their $100. Which is fine if the money goes to the trails....but they want a lot of info....like my social number! Wtf? I can then see getting non stop bs letters from the state.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Q. Arrius

Old Forge is the area that attracts the most people. You can call the welcome center: (315) 369-6983 for all information regarding permits + legality. If you join a snowmobile club, the state registration is much cheaper (however, I think there is a date you must join by to get these benefits).

Trail conditions + other useful information: check the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmofsnowmobile/

Hotels: This place is nice + affordable. They also have a pool and sauna: http://adirondacklodgeoldforge.com/wp/

Now, for the destinations. Grab a trail map and go!

Great rides:

Old Forge --> Moose River Plains ---> Indian Lake

Old Forge --> Stillwater Reservoir (if it's frozen)

Ultimate Ride (in my experience)

Old Forge --> Stillwater Reservoir --> Brantingham ----------> Tug Hill

That trip is pretty involved and you could make a 3 day trip out of it if you wanted. Best of luck!

Back