• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody had a 2008 engine failure

lholtzman

Hey
Been reading through this forum and have been taking note of the 2007
Phazers having failures related to the gear reduction systems

Has anyone killed a stock 2008 Phazer
I was under the impression that the gear reduction system was borrowed from the Apex, seems odd that it would fail on the 80 hp Phazer

Thanks

My 08 mtx has just over 1000 miles. All good. I have not heard of any engine failures. My understanding with the 07s was that some of the early models were made with the gears being too tight. So either they wore in and were fine or the failed within the first 1000 miles or so.

I am one of the few unlucky ones to have a gear reduction fail on my phazer and I have posted this many times on here so that may be where you rear many times of the 07 failing. I can only think of 3 different engines failing. I think if its lasted through 2000 miles it should be a good engine.

marpolsdofer said:
Did that cost you anything or did yamaha cover it?

Luckily it was warranty. I bought it used last year from the dealer and it still had 1 year left on a 3 year warranty. I swear to The Flying Spaghetti Monster that everything on my sled failed last year. I have been towed out more times than I would like to admit. If it never had that extra year of warranty I would be very sore indeed. Great sled, though!

Ruckus said:
marpolsdofer said:
Did that cost you anything or did yamaha cover it?

Luckily it was warranty. I bought it used last year from the dealer and it still had 1 year left on a 3 year warranty. I swear to The Flying Spaghetti Monster that everything on my sled failed last year. I have been towed out more times than I would like to admit. If it never had that extra year of warranty I would be very sore indeed. Great sled, though!

Was that you that said you were one of the unlucky one's.
I read on one of the fourms once that someone saw a yamaha broke on the trail and they just had to stop and take pics, becaues they dont see it often.

Thanks for the responses
I'm really curious to know how many Miles could go on a phazer

After reading about the vector with over 35000 km
I got to be curious, and yes I checked the 2 cylinder milage posts
Dosen't seem like anyone has gone over 10,000,given the sleds only been around for 3 years

Shout out to Cannondale,Yellowknife and others for the excellent info on this forum

Happy sledding

lost my 07 engine last february due to head gasket failing, stupid dealer didnt notice the milky oil wen it was changed

I am right around 8000mi.If it goes I would pat it on the back and say "you served me well"and start walking.I cant believe how well it runs especially since there were many miles put on with bad clutching and banging the revlimiter constantly at 12,200!Still doesnt use or dirty a drop of oil.Have never even checked the plugs.I know my day is coming and plan to go through it someday when I have time and no snow.I believe there are many with more miles than I have though.

Back