• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX Bizarre Bogging

BEEZERWON

I am hoping someone has the answer for this since my dealer is puzzled. :o|

I have an 09 APEX LTX with 5K on it. The problem is unfortunately intermittent and has no pattern. Going down the lake at 7K and all of a sudden the tach drops to 6K and a second later jumps back to 7K. It has also happened on the trail from 6K to 5K and back several times and then it runs fine for 50 miles! One time it was repeated four to five times and coughed out the air box.

We have taken the Ulmer clutch apart, installed a new belt and ran two tanks of gas with a can of Seafoam through it. We have had no fault codes and the sled is stock except for an Ulmer clutch and picks.

try the kill switch; take it apart and clean it. I had water in my war kill switch and it did some similar stuff to me.

Sounds the same as mine is doing. I just posted it this morning. Are you sure you're not losing all power like me? Watch your speedo. Mine shuts off then back on. The whole engine shuts down and comes back on. It's not just the clutch bogging the rpm's.

ErnieB please post a location in your profile. I would check the grounding blocks on yours first. and the connections to the guage pod and battery.

Beezer you need to post location too and I would start with the kill switch circuit on yours and the start pulling all plugs and cleaning and dilectric grease them all before you put them back together.

Back