• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex No GO!

and you used to pull on 2 straps, open 1 hood, and everything was in palin sight. 4 bolts, loosen an adjuster, a bunch of springs, some wire connectors, and you could pull the whole motor out. Progress, eh!

Ok so I pulled the plugs, I broke one cap in the process down by the plug . The plugs are pretty carboned up but I dont see any sign of antifreeze on the plugs so my coolant leak is external. Thays a good thing ;)! . As I said before I have my stator removed already so Now I have to reinstall it to see if I am getting any spark . Here is a couple pics of the plugs left to right mag to pto

Attachments

• apex plugs.jpg
    apex plugs.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 64
  • apex plugs 2.jpg
    apex plugs 2.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 62
OK so i reinstalled the stator and checked for spark, I do have some spark but its really intermitent. Is this the way its supposed to be? 2 of the plugs had red looking and very weak spark. Are Two of those plugs fouled? Could this be a fuel supply problem ? The fuel pump is working as I checked the supply from the tank and the return to the tank. When the fuel pump is cycled the gas flows right back into the tank through the return line. Is this normal? Opinions anyone?

try putting new plugs in wires and see if spark improves those are toast.

kirk700 srx said:
OK so i reinstalled the stator and checked for spark, I do have some spark but its really intermitent. Is this the way its supposed to be? 2 of the plugs had red looking and very weak spark. Are Two of those plugs fouled?
Plugs #1,3 and 4 look fouled to me. #2 plug loks normal but is hard to tell from those pics
Could this be a fuel supply problem ? The fuel pump is working as I checked the supply from the tank and the return to the tank. When the fuel pump is cycled the gas flows right back into the tank through the return line. Is this normal?
Yes, Unused fuel in a EFI system is returned back to the tank.
Opinions anyone?

The 4 strokes are alot more involved, 10 minute plug changes will never happen again. They are a PITA to work on compared to a 2 stroke but even they are getting worse every year. If you do require a stator, DO NOT get the ones out of Quebec , I almost made that mistake last year till a dealer warned me not too, then I spoke to a repair shop and he refuses to put them in even if the customer buys it first. I got one off ebay for 150 and I'd suggest yo look there first. Best of luck.

Back