• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex stator repair code 12

Any one try to replace just the crank sensor instead of the entire stator. The part number is RM00124. http://www.rmstator.com/en_ca/produ...ft-position-sensor-replacement-for-snowmobile

Here is the link for a sensor only from after market. Someone must have explored this option. I don't have the issue just wondering if anyone had luck with this aftermarket sensor
You can replace just the sensor but it is critical to get the aftermarket one the precise distance from the stator. You have to grind out the holes in the aftermarket pick - up coil sensor to get the correct distance. I posted stator & pick - up coil change instructions on here about a week ago. Changing sensor (pick - up coil) is the exactly the same but you have to cut the wire & splice it in.

Thanks i will try to search for that thread and see what u did. My concern was the degree and getting it correct. But it doesn't sound like that is the concern so thats good news. Im guessing if u don't get distance right it just simply doesn't work

U refer to it as the pick up coil. I always called the two large coils that generate power the pick up coils. Im referring to crank sensor. We are on the same page or i missed something.

Pick up coil & crank sensor are the same thing. The big round coil with all the copper windings is the stator......should be only one of those not two. They up dated the stators in I believe 2008 & aparantly there have been a few problems with the earlier stators. That being said, even though my old stator tested the same as the new, I opted to change both to save myself from potential stator failure/breakdown on trail in the future, lol. It is actually easier to change both as opposed to splicing in just the crank sensor. Under 30 bucks for the RMstator crank sensor compared to $375 for the OEM stator with crank sensor, thats hard to swallow, lol! One thing to note, the OEM crank sensor bolts in, perfect fit, no modifying!
Make sure you order a OEM stator cover gasket!!!!

Make sure you measure the gap before pulling off the old sensor. I used a 6" flexible scale curved around the stator and measured the gap with verniers, then removed the old pickup and filed the holes and remounted to the same dimension.
I cut the wires for the old pickup inside the cover then soldered the new wires to these and then pulled the new wires out through the seals and spiced on the original plug.

Back