• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex xtx doesn't go in water

coolio

Pro
Has anyone had trouble with water getting on their clutches bringing you to a complete stop? I have a 14 xtx and I can't go through water that's on top of the ice on lakes. I've never had this problem and I've owned many different yammies including 2 warriors and they went through water fine. If you hit open water with an Apex xtx you are going down! It won't skip and that scares me as we do a lot of lake riding. Yes I tried silicone in various places and duct tape but no improvement.

Last edited:

By the way, I run C&A pro skis. However it seems that the water comes in through the tunnel not from the sides.

Running a long track machine on water with a high lug track will not work very well. Too much track shoveling water into the tunnel. My turbo 136 will pull it through but if your not carefull it will pull the sled sideways in the water. Short tracks small lug work best on water.

My 15' XTX

There's a post on here somewhere showing all the places to seal it and sealing behind the clutches from the motor

Ahh just found the post. I made one out of plexi glass and it worked.
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/water.80885/

Last edited:
Thanks. Food for thought I guess. It seems odd that the track will fill the engine compartment with water. It must go in around the exhaust I guess. I literally come to a complete stop in water with total belt slippage, then I have to wait for the water to drain out and I can go again for a short ways. This is in several inches of water and it's done it since new.

Back