• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are charge tubes worth doing?

rxwhopper

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I am just wondering if its worth doing unless you happen to blow one out? doing boost leak tests i see the stock can grow pretty good and expand. but if not leaking does it pay to do the swap? I am running the Hurricane cluster flash 240-270-300 so roughly 20psi

I am just wondering if its worth doing unless you happen to blow one out? doing boost leak tests i see the stock can grow pretty good and expand. but if not leaking does it pay to do the swap? I am running the Hurricane cluster flash 240-270-300 so roughly 20psi
Up to you!! there are 4 us running the same tune bundle as you with stock tubes! 0 issues and tonnes of miles.
I plasti dipped my stock hoses dark gray to match. I will see at the end of the season how it held up

Yea it won’t get you anything in terms of horsepower but I have seen stock plastic tubes crack after time/fatigue especially if they have a parting line on them.
The bling factor alone is nice!

Yea it won’t get you anything in terms of horsepower but I have seen stock plastic tubes crack after time/fatigue especially if they have a parting line on them.
The bling factor alone is nice!
Exactly - they look good! I have the Excel polished aluminum tubes and love the look. I had the silicone ones previously and although plenty strong they all seem to discolor on the turbo side.

I Picked up some silicone ones cheap used on FB group and they are mint. No reason to change other than it was cheap.

But that price from kuvasz is real good if that's cdn!

Exactly - they look good! I have the Excel polished aluminum tubes and love the look. I had the silicone ones previously and although plenty strong they all seem to discolor on the turbo side.

They really discolor??? Ahh that sucks. I was thinking of getting the red ones from Precision EFI...they (the color) looked to match my ‘18 50th anniversary great from the pictures on line anyway. But if they fade/discolor..then why waste the money???

My red silicone tubes from Hurricane have not discolored, but I’m also not running oil into them either. I vent my blow by from the oil tank right under the running board rather than back into the turbo inlet. IMO it’s the oil doing the discoloring.

I do the silicone tubes just for burst strength only, stock tubes are fine as long as they don’t blow, which a few have done.

My red silicone tubes from Hurricane have not discolored, but I’m also not running oil into them either. I vent my blow by from the oil tank right under the running board rather than back into the turbo inlet. IMO it’s the oil doing the discoloring.

I do the silicone tubes just for burst strength only, stock tubes are fine as long as they don’t blow, which a few have done.
Maybe the rollover valve is the key Mike - I had two sets discolor - BUT - that was before I vented my oil tank like you did.

Side Note - I put an oil catch can on my supercharged engine in my Jeep and am amazed by how much oil it collects in 1000 miles.

D44DCDC8-EA6C-4AB1-BEC5-5B09073A64E8.jpeg
F7CA5B8A-8519-4208-813F-4AD49932AFBF.jpeg
F7CA5B8A-8519-4208-813F-4AD49932AFBF.jpeg
BCC771DA-0ECE-45E6-A3F9-0167AB87A436.jpeg
0C564EE7-AEF0-48BB-8815-EC8EA73126E8.jpeg
Side Note - I put an oil catch can on my supercharged engine in my Jeep and am amazed by how much oil it collects in 1000 miles.

Gonna try a catch can on my T cat. Made up a mounting bracket and bought a cheap catch can from amazon

Last edited:
Up to you!! there are 4 us running the same tune bundle as you with stock tubes! 0 issues and tonnes of miles.
I plasti dipped my stock hoses dark gray to match. I will see at the end of the season how it held up
How did the plastidip hold up?

Back