• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad experience with a repair shop in Old Forge. (S....... S... Shed)

Anjill

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Warrior
2006 Attak
2013 Apex X-TX
I had exhaust donuts replaced on my 2003 RX1 at a repair shop in Old Forge. When I went to pick up the sled, it started and ran fine. I got on, pulled forward and started to turn left. The sled accelerated out of control and I slammed into a truck about 30 feet away and was thrown from the sled. It continued to rev at wide open throttle until I hit the kill switch.
When I told the owner what just happened he and a mechanic came out to look at the the sled. They started it and it revved until they hit the kill switch. They pulled it from under the pickup an opened the hood. Not finding anything there they removed the pad at the handle bars and found that the throttle cable wasn't seated properly in the lever holder assembly. This allowed the throttle to operate normally until you turned the handlebars to the left which tightened the cable to near full throttle.
The shop will not take any responsibility for this whatsoever stating that the cables on Yamaha's pop out like that occasionally. REALLY??!! They had to disassemble the steering column to remove the gas tank to replace the exhaust donuts. It is just a coincidence that this happened on the first attempt to ride the sled after they performed the work???? I'm lucky I didn't get killed!!
I had to go through my insurance company. The sled was totaled. It cost $677 to replace the donuts. They then had the balls to charge $1800 in storage fees.
This says volumes about the person who owns this business and I warn all of you not to use them. PM me and I will be happy to fill in the blanks about the name of the shop.
Good luck and stay away from S....... S... S... on Route 28 in Old Forge, NY!!

I would leave reviews on Google, Yelp, and wherever else. I looked them up and there are zero reviews. Also, they're advertised as an Auto repair shop. I would stick with a Yamaha dealer with factory trained techs. These newer sleds are alot more than cleaning carbs and changing bearings

There is absolutely no ACCOUNTABILITY anymore and it makes me Sick!!!!!
Thank GOD you are ok.

After if was wrecked (due to their incompetence) until the insurance company picked it up.

If SCHUELERS SLED SHED, OLD FORGE NY, removed and installed ( incorrectly) your throttle cable. I would definitely let my insurance Co. know. They will probably go after them. I posted their name before one of us TYers goes there for repairs and ends up getting hurt or killed do to their negligence. Glad you did not get hurt

I had exhaust donuts replaced on my 2003 RX1 at a repair shop in Old Forge. When I went to pick up the sled, it started and ran fine. I got on, pulled forward and started to turn left. The sled accelerated out of control and I slammed into a truck about 30 feet away and was thrown from the sled. It continued to rev at wide open throttle until I hit the kill switch.
When I told the owner what just happened he and a mechanic came out to look at the the sled. They started it and it revved until they hit the kill switch. They pulled it from under the pickup an opened the hood. Not finding anything there they removed the pad at the handle bars and found that the throttle cable wasn't seated properly in the lever holder assembly. This allowed the throttle to operate normally until you turned the handlebars to the left which tightened the cable to near full throttle.
The shop will not take any responsibility for this whatsoever stating that the cables on Yamaha's pop out like that occasionally. REALLY??!! They had to disassemble the steering column to remove the gas tank to replace the exhaust donuts. It is just a coincidence that this happened on the first attempt to ride the sled after they performed the work???? I'm lucky I didn't get killed!!
I had to go through my insurance company. The sled was totaled. It cost $677 to replace the donuts. They then had the balls to charge $1800 in storage fees.
This says volumes about the person who owns this business and I warn all of you not to use them. PM me and I will be happy to fill in the blanks about the name of the shop.
Good luck and stay away from S....... S... S... on Route 28 in Old Forge, NY!!
Glad you're ok..
.that's bullcrap. I had 2 rx1''s. They (dealer)did it, but no way to prove it.

If SCHUELERS SLED SHED, OLD FORGE NY, removed and installed ( incorrectly) your throttle cable. I would definitely let my insurance Co. know. They will probably go after them. I posted their name before one of us TYers goes there for repairs and ends up getting hurt or killed do to their negligence. Glad you did not get hurt
Absolutely. Never heard of such a thing with any yammys since 2002. It's not hard to mess something up, but own up to it!

Them reinstalling it is proof to me. They fked up

They did not remove the throttle cable. They removed the handlebars as an assembly and set them aside. In doing so they pulled the cable out of the lever holder assembly.

Whatever they did, they messed up the cable at the flipper. I also have not heard of Yamaha snowmobiles having throttle cable problems in a long time. Seems like you are almost believing them. But that s your choice. I myself would find them at fault, as it worked fine until they touched it. Or did it?

It was absolutely their fault. It worked fine before they worked on it.
I'm just trying to keep the account accurate.

The problem I have with them is they refuse to take responsibility. I posted a review on facebook and google.

Honestly, I would call credit card company and dispute the charges. Then I would sit and wait to see how the dealer likes that. This will get sorted out.

Back