• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt deflection question

3UR

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2016 Arictic Cat 7000
2012 Skidoo MXZ TNT 800
Quick question I know there are two factory shims under the bolt that mounts the secondary to the jack shaft

As the belt wears and drops down in the secondary do you add shims or remove shims from the secondary?

add shim if belt is further than .5 mm below top of sheave. correct height is .5mm below to +1.5 mm above top of sheave.

add shim if belt is further than .5 mm below top of sheave. correct height is .5mm below to +1.5 mm above top of sheave.

Thanks for the quick reply. Off to the dealer to get shims.

Thanks for the quick reply. Off to the dealer to get shims.

Is that .5mm below to 1.5 mm above at the bottom of the cog or the top of the cog (top of belt)

View attachment 127334 Ok, on the machine I am about 1 mm above.

Belt.JPG

Last edited:
Imo these things like the belt a little lower compared to other sleds. My apex seems to like it a tad above the top of the sheaves, but the Sidewinder seems to do better a tad below.

If your rollers have flat spots on them then your belt will sit lower. So check those rollers.

Watch out if to much above! At idle the inside off the belt Is rubbing on the primary shaft.

Back