• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Life

dox06

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 SW XTX SE
17 G4 Gade 850
Ok guys not sure if this had been covered or not yet but have a question about my 09 XTX. I am having issues with my belt life. I have tried the ultimax belts and the Yamaha belts with no better luck. The only change I have done to my clutch is dropped to 14.5 rollers. Anyways here is what happens. I can run the belts for about two to three hundred miles and the top peels right off. If I run above 80mph for any time at all the belt just comes apart. I rode last week from Baldwin up to Drummond Island and back just under nine hundred miles total. And went through three belts. Two Yamaha belts and one Ultimax belt. Help!!! What do you guys think could be causing this?????

Thanks..

:o| :o| :o| :o|

The clutch area is vented? I just read in your signature about the frog skins. Smooth surfaces on clutches?

The top of the belt comes off mine as well when it is about to self destruct. But I have no vents. Summer project. I know the belt gets very hot on top speed runs. Not riding with the brake on are ya. I did a short trip :sled1: and the brake was still on and belt was just smoking. I know I did not put brake on. ;)!

Something is wrong there, find a clutch guru to help you solve this problem. I've only changed a belt once , at 5200 miles , and only because I though the belt was a little worn. Good luck and I hope you find a fix, belts are not cheap.

Back