• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Beware of muffler falling apart

Grim

Veteran
My dealer has has 4 new vipers this month that had a piece of the muffler blow off. Each one had melted side panels and sheared off oil lines one even caught on fire. Yamaha is covering everything under warranty but using same muffler and panels are on back order like the rest of our parts. All sleds had around 2000 miles on them. I wish my yamaha had more yamaha parts than arctic cat crap. Mine hasn't blown yet but I figure its just a matter of time. :o|

I have the stock muffler in a box off of mine if anyone needs one. No body panels though, thats what duck tape & bondo is for.

Grim said:
Between two dealerships in New Brunswick they have a total of 9 cases of this happening

Yet only where you are? Nobody else? You see these yourself or taking the dealers word? Just curious as nobody else has seen this.

Mine did it with 1200 miles on it missed two weeks of good snow in southern wisconsin.Melted my plastic and oil lines waited for parts.

what aftermarket exhaust are you guys using?

Exhaust says Arctic Cat right on it, off topic so does the ecu....interesting!

Have a stock can on the shelf if someone needs it.

My stock muffler was just replaced..... Sounded very loud and rattling. TA Motorsports took care of me. They also said they have replaced 5 or so.

Back