• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Biggest lug track in a shorty nytro rtx

rx1 fern

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
What is the biggest lug track I can put in my 2008 nytro Rtx with a 121 suspension . I think it's about time to change to a new track . Thinking of putting a snow cross track on it . Just wondering how tall of a lug I can go with without having issues . Also should I drop a tooth down on my top gear for going with a bigger lug track . Thanks for the help

some guys have put a 1.5" lug track and cleared the tunnel protectors or rubbed slightly. anything after that you have to remove your tunnel protectors and heat exchanger protectors. 1.75 will definitely fit if you do that but then its not recommended to run studs as there is zero protection of the heat exchanger. if you search around you will find some threads on track swaps and can see what needs to be done for each setup.

rx1 fern said:
What is the biggest lug track I can put in my 2008 nytro Rtx with a 121 suspension . I think it's about time to change to a new track . Thinking of putting a snow cross track on it . Just wondering how tall of a lug I can go with without having issues . Also should I drop a tooth down on my top gear for going with a bigger lug track . Thanks for the help

We had 1.5 intense track on our shorty nytro really good track and suites the nytro really well. Not much top end loss if any, with much better hook up. I highly recommend this track to 121" nytro owners.

You can fit a 2" track if you remove the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors out. 1.5" if you leave the protectors in. I have a 1.75" back country and am really happy with it.

Thanks for the replies people . I won't ever run studs, so no issues with that .wont let you race it with studs in stock classes around here .so by the sounds is it 1.5 is biggest without much modifications .

1.5 intense is a great track. Works fantastic on a shorty. I removed the pick protectors while I was in there though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 453
Is cooling or slider/hyfax wear affected at all with the 1.5 lug track, especially when the trail is freshly groomed and froze rock solid ?

The track is fully clipped and I also run the excell wheel kit and the slides are still barely worn after 2000 miles. Cooling has never been an issue for me either. This track is an unbelievable improvement over stock

My buddy runs a 1.75" SnoX track on his 2010 RTX SE. He had to remove the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors though. Be careful when cutting!

toyota4runner said:
The track is fully clipped and I also run the excell wheel kit and the slides are still barely worn after 2000 miles. Cooling has never been an issue for me either. This track is an unbelievable improvement over stock

I'm thinking about getting that track, my question is are the lugs stiff or flexible..I'm looking for stiff lugs.. thanks!!

My 1 1/2" intense track has stiff lugs on it. I have around 3000 miles on it and it is holding up well. I have an 08 also. The protectors on the heat exchanger had to be removed for clearance but not the top ones.

I'd say they're fairly stiff. After a lot of abuse this track still hooks and has no signs of wear or missing lugs. It also greatly improved my braking which was a nice surprise

After reading this I'm think of this upgrade as well. Will it fit with the MountainTech tunnel cooler in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 666
I don't see why not. I can't see Mountaintec making a cooler that has clearance issues. You could send him a pm if ur worried

Back