• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bumper help

Darnell, have you checked the toe in? Mine was out 1" from spec. Just got it set right but have not gone for a ride yet. Very interested in the bumper problem as I just put my curves on with these bumpers.

maim said:
Darnell, have you checked the toe in? Mine was out 1" from spec. Just got it set right but have not gone for a ride yet. Very interested in the bumper problem as I just put my curves on with these bumpers.

my Toe is dead on spec.... do your skies point down like mine??

yes they do. they do not seem as tight as when i had them on the war, as in they move easyer.

After today's ride, I am ready to shim them like you usually have to do with the stock skis.

Hey guys, we have lots of snow and would like a solution to this...I paid $65 for the rubbers with shipping and I have no clue what's going on...thx D

if i kept tight to r/s and out of the ruts, i was fine. as soon as i got into the ruts it would dart.

Gents, I'm out of the country with limited internet access and am the only one who handles forum interaction. Nick has revisited the concerns you've raised as he and I have been in discussion over the past week regardless of the lack of our support on here. We take customer inquiries very seriously and under no circumstances were we circumventing your questions.

From this, I would like to advise that ANYONE who finds a less than desirable reply to any forum questions contact us DIRECTLY by any one of the means we offer on our website. I assure you that it is nearly impossible for us to monitor every forum, every Curve topic, every day. Your concerns have been addressed to the very best of our ability and I apologize for the delayed response here on TY.

Please understand that the best way to gain an answer to a question such as this is not always through a third party but by inquiring directly to us. There are many people at the shop ready and willing to help at all times and we appreciate your understanding.

Moving along, the rubbers we use appear to be a good fit into the spindle. We realize that the profile is different from your OEM rubber however the fit seems appropriate. We do not manufacture our own rubbers and our supplier has not yet provided an updated rubber option for the new Apex spindle. What we now provide is a modified version of the old Apex rubber to fit your new sleds. Our recommendation - as we've done with Ski-Doo before aftermarket rubbers were available is to use the OEM rubber with a shim under it or use our rubber with a 3/16" shim on the back to bring the tips up.

I hope this helps you out. We do the very best we can for you.

- Sean

Curve Industries said:
Gents, I'm out of the country with limited internet access and am the only one who handles forum interaction. Nick has revisited the concerns you've raised as he and I have been in discussion over the past week regardless of the lack of our support on here. We take customer inquiries very seriously and under no circumstances were we circumventing your questions.

From this, I would like to advise that ANYONE who finds a less than desirable reply to any forum questions contact us DIRECTLY by any one of the means we offer on our website. I assure you that it is nearly impossible for us to monitor every forum, every Curve topic, every day. Your concerns have been addressed to the very best of our ability and I apologize for the delayed response here on TY.

Please understand that the best way to gain an answer to a question such as this is not always through a third party but by inquiring directly to us. There are many people at the shop ready and willing to help at all times and we appreciate your understanding.

Moving along, the rubbers we use appear to be a good fit into the spindle. We realize that the profile is different from your OEM rubber however the fit seems appropriate. We do not manufacture our own rubbers and our supplier has not yet provided an updated rubber option for the new Apex spindle. What we now provide is a modified version of the old Apex rubber to fit your new sleds. Our recommendation - as we've done with Ski-Doo before aftermarket rubbers were available is to use the OEM rubber with a shim under it or use our rubber with a 3/16" shim on the back to bring the tips up.

I hope this helps you out. We do the very best we can for you.

- Sean

Oh, I'm not upset...We just have lots of snow and I didn't wanna wait any longer.... I just decided to shim the stock rubbers and get riding

That being said the rubbers that were shipped to me are for the 2006-2010 Apex, and not the modified 2011 rubbers?

Again, I apologize Darren. Believe me when I say that I wish I had an answer for you the day you posted.... that truly is my goal but unfortunately, it is not always able to be my response.

We sent you the modified rubbers but they are not a perfect fit to that new spindle. In the case of Ski-Doo, for several years we didn't have a good rubber solution so customers would actually reuse the OEM rubbers with our skis. After reviewing this thread, we may decided on a similar scenario for the new Apex until we get a proper fitting aftermarket rubber.

- Sean

well i found the problem and made a temp solution. the rubbers supplied fold into the rear of the spindle when you apply pressure to the rear of the ski. we found this by shaving the front of the rubber so that it would sit in closer and i was going to shim the rear. with the way it folded, i knew there was no point in shimming the rear of the rubbers. what i ended up doing was cutting the lips off of a peice of yamaha hyfax. this left me with a 1/4" ish shim. i placed 2 peices 4.5" long under my stock rubbers. now the skis are running tip up. in actuality, i needed a 3/8" peice of plastic to load the rubbers but i used what i had and so far it is working well.

hope to see a better solution from you guys but with 2' of snow on the trail, i am going riding!

This is what I did and it work PERFECTLLY, used the stock rubbers then I cut my old Nytro factory bumpers at the lip flipped them over and the two fit together like a glove and then wedge in perfectly in the ski. I counl't have asked for a better setup...tested with 500km so far and its perfect.

CABD9D65-C252-40F5-9054-ED82BC426AD7-1752-000002030C719F4A_zps300af0e2.jpg

67295DEF-CEE5-48D4-9FF9-5749553E28F0-1752-000002030F6A21C4_zps06333824.jpg

91524EBA-C35B-46D0-8ACE-DD596F790E2C-1752-00000203071388E2_zps07c78a64.jpg

Daranello said:
Ok I ordered the bumpers, but the bumper profile is no wear near stock is this correct for a 2011 Apex....(closest to the camera is stock and furthest is yours)

Also you see that my ski point down! are they not suppose to be tipped up?? if you notice the skies are lever with the ground (or better yet same angle as my runningboards) but the sled is nose high on the sled lift, you can see the rear of the track on the ground.

Your input is appreciated, thanks guys :Rockon:

346ED00B-095D-43C8-86AB-5CCE2403A37E-5065-00000474DE36755A_zps420c70f1.jpg

617DCE5C-FE83-43D9-AFA2-51B706FB6A35-5065-00000474C97D0834_zps55a5ff55.jpg

AB66CC06-B934-44AF-B86A-0701FCB2A197-5065-00000474D953439D_zps8f1e804d.jpg

8F71800F-CD33-4708-8366-783614B9F1ED-5065-00000474D21141F5_zps3ddbe820.jpg

22D4469B-A63C-43A2-BBD2-8AB7C315596F-5065-00000474CF1E1058_zpsc0ab67dc.jpg

4D82E37E-528E-4C72-869D-A86348785E1E-5065-00000474D59714E6_zpse869c16c.jpg

44E8020E-4B1F-4D0C-83CD-B76EAFBD61B9-5065-00000474C25D9133_zpse1615472.jpg

from the picture it looks as though the rubber was made for a spindle with negative trail(pivot in back of ski bolt position), opposite of what the sleds come with.

Back