• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C R racing 37" 3" forward control arms. Will this make my trail sled unbearable?

manotickmike

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
Hi guys, been away a while, with no PC... And I've googled myself silly. I'm in the market for a 2nd Nytro. Pickings are pretty slim. I found an XTX 1.75 with most of what I want, but... When an arm was taken out by a tree, this narrow front end setup was installed, with mountain skis.
So, is this going to leave me cursing it on a trail? I do virtually zero off-trail riding. I know I can try to find stock arms (I'm still recovering from this ordeal 2 years ago..) or buy the 43" kit from Mountaintech, but I'm looking for real world feedback. I currently have a XTX with a 1.35 Cobra track, and Splitrail skis, and TOTALLY enjoy it on the trails, despite being a bit of a handfull at times..
Who has a narrow front end on their XTX? What's it like on a trail at speed?
Thanks!!!

I haven’t ridden a narrow Nytro on trails, but my experience with narrow Arctic Cats vs wide would tell me that it will corner horribly. Add in the top heavy feel of the Nytro, and it’ll be your least favorite ride.

Back