• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center Shock upgrade to LE QS3?

snowrunner

Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 ZR 7000 S P
15 SR VIPER LTX
14 Renegade X 800
Looking at possibly upgrading to the LE QS3 Kashima center shock on a 129. Already have a Rear QS3, typically ride on 1-2. Wondering if the center being setup for the RR or LE is a worthwhile addition for a 220lb rider? Would use my Raptor spring off the stock shock?

Wondering if I'd need to revalve or if the center has the adjustments to soften it enough to work for fast trail?

The QS3'r Kashima won't work in your 2015 129 Viper, in 2017 Yamaha changed the geometry of the rear skid in the 129 LE sidewinders. That shock is longer than what's in your Viper. I purchased a QS3 H1 custom from Hygear for my 2016 129 Viper...it's for sale as I upgraded the whole shock package to Elka stage 4 this off season.

Thx, was not aware. Any idea what they did different in 2017? The only things I could really find different is the front arm and rail P/N's, but no idea what changed in the arm and if the mounting position for the arm on the rail (need an overlay of the 14 and 18 rail and arms to see if CC or the shock mount position has changed

CC changed....your viper shock is about 1/2" shorter CC than a QS3'r shock.

Agree, they made the front arm longer in 2017-19 - same length as a 137. Trying to figure out what they did to the rail mounting position for the from arm. The rail changed on 2017 as well, looks different and is hard to tell from pics.

The 14 rails appear to have the ability to move the lower front shock mount back by adding a hole. But I’d like to know how far back the arm mount is from the hyfax bolt and how high it is off the hyfax ( or from the bottom of the rail. If the arm position on the rail stays the same its a fairly simple mod to get a newer front arm and move the lower shock mount backward

The QS3'r Kashima won't work in your 2015 129 Viper, in 2017 Yamaha changed the geometry of the rear skid in the 129 LE sidewinders. That shock is longer than what's in your Viper. I purchased a QS3 H1 custom from Hygear for my 2016 129 Viper...it's for sale as I upgraded the whole shock package to Elka stage 4 this off season.
Thx, I have the rr front QS3 at my disposal. Looking to see what Hygear may be able to do if I can’t mod the skid. Hygear no longer offers the H1

Other then the front skid and valving for the rear QS3 I ‘m pretty happy with the shocks or I’d buy yours.

Back