• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case tightner post broken

mattmichyam

Extreme
I have a chain case with reverse where I broke the chain tightner post off. The cover is fine. Does anyone know if I can buy a standard non-reverse chain case so I can use the back of the case with the cover of my reverse? Looking at part numbers from Apex mountain to my Apex ER, the back chain case is the same part number..

I just talked with Kevin at Port Yamaha, both back numbers are the same for a reverse and non-reverse motels. I think the cover is what is different to make it a reverse model

chaincase

No reverse chain case will fit. You'll have to transplant the shaft that holds the two small middle gears. RX-1 case will also fit.

Had same thing happen on an apex and we didnt have time to wait for parts so we drilled and tapped the shaft and threaded a bolt with washer thru the cover and used some jb weld on it and it held for over 2000 miles till he totaled the sled.

glad you got it fixed. yes it fit well and held up great no leaks and like i said it went 2000 miles before he totaled the whole sled on an ice heave. for what its worth for future reffrence it was a great fix in a pinch. we were going to fix it right in the future but never got that far.

Back