• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase adjustment from access on belly pan

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey I was tightening a gear clamp on a coolant hose that was leaking ( got it from the oil filter access on belly pan)
And notice that you can see the chain case adjustment bolt. I pretty sure for those of you with stock mufflers want to save on removing muffler and buying a new gasket you can adjust it from there when doing your oil change

1477344788814-1693059724.jpg

Wow !!! yamamarc, that's brilliant !!! I'm for sure going to use this trick when I need to adjust the chain tension.
See That's what makes Totally Yamaha the #1 forum, people that are willing to share there tips and tricks.
:rocks:

That is really good to know. Gotta change my oil and adjust my chain for the season. Perfect!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

WOW this is helpful, should be easy to do when I change oil and filter. I was dreading trying not to tear the gasket........I am notoriously poor at the 'be careful / gentle stuff'.

Great idea,i will make sure I tell shawn,he will change oil and filter this coming week.

I could not get access to the jam nut from the access panel access. I tried this earlier in the season. It was faster for me to just take the muffler off make the adjustment and put it back together again. I think I would have spent longer trying through the access panel. The jam nut is tucked in behind and I did not see any way to back it off or tighten it. Let me know if I missed something, but for me I feel the muffler removal is a faster simpler way.

IMG_1772.JPG
I bent a 14 mm wrench to get to the jamb nut. Need to tweet it some more. Here is a picture of what I made.

Back