• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase oil seals depth

Yes I agree but they do have special bearings for snowmobile & atv using the same generic number in there part number so be very careful going by that, the tapered id secondary shaft bearing is a good example where it calls 6205 in yamaha part number but is NOT a standard bearing so if ordering from outside of Yamaha always confirm specs before ordering
That's a 6206, but yes I agree with what you're saying. The numbers may be in there but not a guarantee it's the standard version.

That's a 6206, but yes I agree with what you're saying. The numbers may be in there but not a
That's a 6206, but yes I agree with what you're saying. The numbers may be in there but not a guarantee it's the standard version.
Sorry fat fingers & small keyboard on my phone-yes 6206

If you look at your shafts you should be able to see witnes marks where the seals & bearings ride& you could measure from here, it’s been a minute since I had any apart but if memory serves me correctly you drive seals in until just flush with housing bore, sometimes you can also see witness marks in the bore where the seal was previously, i can check the manual later if you don’t see the marks im talking about
I'm back with a small update and correction. I referred to the incorrect bearing in my post. It is actually the lower back case bearing (93306-205A9) that I had removed with only one side having a seal. The bearing I received came in a genuine yamaha box with the part bunker above, the bearing that's in the box is a NSK TM 205 which is made in Japan. I removed the seal tonight without an issue.
In the parts diagram I use they are showing the upper chaincase bearing is a fully open 6205 koyo bearing, maybe someone had this apart previously? What brand was the bearing you removed ?yamaha number shows to be#93306-20532-00 should be the same bearing used from 2003-2021 in our applications, im sure it won’t hurt either open or sealed one side
I removed a 6205RS bearing with a ine blue sealed end which I believe may be a kimpex bearing.

Back