• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

changing oil

gosnek said:
going to change oil in 05 venture rs, thinking about using amsoil 0w40. aany concerns?

It's a pretty popular oil, however I choose not to use as I always have consumption issues when I use Amsoil.

If you choose it, just keep a frequent eye on your oil level to make sure your not one as well who has consumption issues (some don't)

gosnek said:
going to change oil in 05 venture rs, thinking about using amsoil 0w40. aany concerns?

No issues, it will do just fine. You can use either 0W30 which your sled came with from the factory or 0W40 in your motor. G.B.

Sorry for somewhat hijacking your thread but this is a related question. The manual recommends changing the filter every 20,000km or 12,000mile. Does anyone really follow this recommendation or do they change their filter ever time they change the oil?

personally i always change filters when changing oil. you can get a quality filter (manufactured by champion) from walmart (yes i hate supporting them) for $3. iirc the number is ST6607

If my new Vector still has 000 miles on it at the end of the season, do I have to change the oil and filter?

:letsnow:

Oil can turn acidic and that is why it is suggested to change your oil annually regardless of milage.

Even Amsoil, who has a 25,000 mile drain interval suggests it is changed annually even if those miles aren't met.

Good article here and the reason I use Mobil-1 0W-40 European formula as it has more ZDDP ;)!
http://www.off-road-outdoors.com/Oil-breakdown.html

Ron,

You should/could have miles on running around the lake! Anyways...you'lll get miles on.

Back