• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching options staying stock

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
Currently I have a new to me 2014 viper with 4k on the clock. I recently put on an 8dn and add 1.5mm of washers on the back three bolta to set deflection. My concern is that when I go to wind her out I am only getting 8800. Even from a dig doesnt go much higher than that, so my assumption is I am missing out on 4 to 500 rpm.

My clutches are stock and was hoping to keep that way, if so what are my options?

Something as simple as adding a shim or two under the primary spring will get rpm's up some..but I'd be very surprised if you gained any top speed by doing that..just a bit more revs which may give it the feeling of being more peppy.

I run 8850 with TP big venom kit on stock 2016. 103mph on ice. 85 to 90 in loose snow. It's not gonna do much better stock. Guys running more RPM usually are running cans and cold air intakes.

Back