• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Constant tension clamps

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Has anyone swapped the factory water pipe type clamps on their sled over to constant tension ones? Seems like they worked so well on the 2 stroke sleds that it would be a no brainer to put them on the 4's.Might be something for Travis to work on,put together a whole sled kit ,or at least sections like the oil tank ones or the coolant system ones.

I put the constant tension claps on my sled I think I got them from tomcat. There working fine I do a boost leak test every season

Attachments

• CLAMP.jpeg
    CLAMP.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 40
Or the stock clamps work well too, just tighten them up and they do fine.

Spend that money on items that make the sled faster or more reliable in the driveline.

Has anyone swapped the factory water pipe type clamps on their sled over to constant tension ones? Seems like they worked so well on the 2 stroke sleds that it would be a no brainer to put them on the 4's.Might be something for Travis to work on,put together a whole sled kit ,or at least sections like the oil tank ones or the coolant system ones.
Are you talking about using them for boost hoses, oil or coolant? Or all of the above?

I recently did work on a 2022 Polaris Ranger 570. They have clamps on their coolant lines with a leaf spring piece built into the clamp half way around.

Are you talking about using them for boost hoses, oil or coolant? Or all of the above?
Well all the clamped systems I guess.Originally I was thinking the coolant and oil but I imagine they'd work on all of the pressure lines.

Back