• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dalton 46/40 multi angle helix

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
Looking for some feedback on the pro's and con's , if any of this helix, seat dyno's are welcome.

Turbo? I have the 40/46 in my turbo and like it
N/A, Shagman let me try his at a ty ride in Munising, but I forgot what it did, I definitely felt more midrange pull, guess I am looking for someone to explain what it should do.

Murdered, the main reason I switched to 46/40 is to lower rpm on launch, and allow the sled to maintain higher rpm through midrange and top end. The flatter finish angles also helps back shift. All in all, I prefer the 46/40 to the straight 43 stock helix for my type of riding.

For me the 43 straight give the best all around performance. When the primary is tuned properly.

For me the 43 straight give the best all around performance. When the primary is tuned properly.

I'm with 1049, the 43 straight works well in my sled. I had the 46/40 BDX helix on mine this past weekend. Thing is.....everyone's sled is different.

I'm with 1049, the 43 straight works well in my sled. I had the 46/40 BDX helix on mine this past weekend. Thing is.....everyone's sled is different.
That's what I am thinking, when I rode SnoNinja's sled it was definitely noticeable, then not so much in mine, 2 sleds with nearly identical mods and track's, what give's, I like my straight 43 also.

Can you explain what your seeing for a sled reaction difference between 46-40 and straight 43?

Top speed runs and chrono would tell. You have to test.
The feel of the pants is also important. You can have a sled tuned in a way that is boring to ride. You don't want this.

Can you explain what your seeing for a sled reaction difference between 46-40 and straight 43?

My sled would pull the skis at 10mph and hold them up till 80 with the 46/40, the 43 straight would either spin or drop the skis at 50mph.

The rpms would change also, the 46/40 would hold rpms better

I have a Pioneer helix 49/45 . Wondering if someone try bigger angle . Is it works ?

I have a Pioneer helix 49/45 . Wondering if someone try bigger angle . Is it works ?
Unless you're turboed, I think that's too steep.

Anyone else running this helix on a boosted viper? Curious as to how ppl are finding it and at what power level roughly to help gauge how it works?

i have the dalton 40-46 on my turbo i like how it hold rpm low and builds boost sooner the opens up when the power in ready and just pulls also a tpi orange spring

i have the dalton 40-46 on my turbo i like how it hold rpm low and builds boost sooner the opens up when the power in ready and just pulls also a tpi orange spring
What did you use for secondary spring settings with orange spring?

Last edited:

Back