• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Digital Water Temp Gauge Group Buy

Looks like our paypal is back up and working. srxspec@gwtc.net for those of you in Canada please send the funds in US dollars or your payment will be denied. Thanks!!

Here are some pictures on Ulmer Temperature gauge.

Can someone tell me What is the temperature range of the Apex. So far, I know the side radiator start at 196F.

Attachments

• SSPX0035.jpg
    SSPX0035.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 377
  • SSPX0036.jpg
    SSPX0036.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 377
  • SSPX0042.jpg
    SSPX0042.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 371
  • SSPX0043.jpg
    SSPX0043.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 395
  • SSPX0044.jpg
    SSPX0044.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 340
  • SSPX0046.jpg
    SSPX0046.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 326
  • SSPX0048.jpg
    SSPX0048.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 399
On moderate trails I generally see 180*F water temps on average.

allen,
do you have any suggestions for mounting this digital guage on an rx series? i finally looked close at everything last night and found i really didn't have enough wire to get the thing mounted next to my speedo on my warrior. where else might be a good place for this or any other suggestoins? thanks for your help!

On the RX/RS style sleds I usually use the velcro and put it on the handlebar pad, but have also extended the wires before and put it on the dash as well.

ya' know i did think about that but i wasn't sure if it would stay on there in the cold temps...... that velcro will stick that good , huh? ...... we will give it a shot then! thanks!

First test of my digital water temp.

Slow trail (35-50): 172-176*F
Medium (50-65): 180-186*F
Fast (65-90): 188-196*F at this point the side fan goes on then water temp. go down to 182 before going back up.
Very Fast (above 90): the highest I saw was 202*F.

Then we did 4 miles on ice road with NO snow, the temp. when up.....At 213, the high temp. light when ON. After, the temp when up to 215..stay there a few minutes then when up to 216-217. All this was at 50mph.

I'm very happy with this gauge. Now I know exactly what going on with water temperature under the hood.

Next I will be installing a rear exchanger...if I can find one, seems everyone is out of stock for the next 2-3 weeks.

Seeya!

sleddheadd said:
allen,
do you have any suggestions for mounting this digital guage on an rx series? i finally looked close at everything last night and found i really didn't have enough wire to get the thing mounted next to my speedo on my warrior. where else might be a good place for this or any other suggestoins? thanks for your help!

Allen also has BPE gauge pods that you might want to consider for mounting.

Temp guages

Gary and Allen, just a report on the 2 guages I bought from you in the fall. Have got about 2500 kms on these units so far, and they work perfectly. Time and Temp are right on. Been out in -35 and +5 degree weather, and no complaints. Just 1 question about Yamaha temp. Would it not be benificial to run the engines a little hotter thermostat, or is this Yamaha's safety margin? Thanks for any info...Regards....Don

I've sold I believe 60 of these this season. I still have 1 left in stock.

Just an update to everyone on this. I recently had sleds sitting outside in 90*F+ temps with the water temp gauge sitting in direct sunlight and it wasn't good (LCD went black and have yet to get it to work)! So please, if you take your sleds out in the summer throw a rag or towel over the gauge so the sun isn't beating directly down on it (just a rag or towel over it so the sun isn't beating directly on it will be enough to keep it from getting damaged)!

:o|

Back