• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does my DB2 need a BoP Bulkhead saver kit???

Mileage Quest

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'12 Apex X-TX
2012 Apex XTX with 9750... I run mostly on groomed trails and as the trails get rougher I generally can't turn around... Started the off season maintenance the other day and while installing the Oilite bushings I noticed what looks like minor stress cracking... These aren't very deep and stand out more in the pictures because of the dirty grease still in the cracks... So I'm sure I'm going to order Travis's kit from Barn of Part being this sled will most likely be with me for a while... What do you guys think??? Is this some thing to be concerned about??? Has anyone had problems with the kit???

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Thanks again TY for any info provided!!!

Those cracks look like lines created during the casting. If they were indeed stress crack I think the bulkhead would have fallin apart already.
I would run a bulkhead saver, regardless of trails you ride. One accidental bump and it is broken.

for your peace of mine i would install a bulkhead saver kit. mine has roughly the same milage and no cracks like that but i have been running the bop kit for the last 3 seasons.

Back