• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive Shaft Gear Bolt Snapped

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Are you saying if the bolt is snapped just take it out and leave it out?

My broken bolt is still in the shaft, just pulled the bolt head out of the case and forget about it is my fix for it.

Like you said you have 8k and im sure it has been broke a long time. I bought mine like new with 300 miles and it was broke.

If not replaced the only thing holding front shaft in alighment is set screws on speedo bearing. If it is broke long enough on 08 and maybe 09 it may wear hole in cover. 09 or 10 has clip that will hold bolt in the collar that the bolt holds to drive shaft so it won't rub on cover if it breaks.

Received the new bolt from dealer this week. The part number has been superceded at least twice and the bolt appears to be the same length, except it's entire length is threaded, rather than having an unthreaded shoulder near the head of the bolt. There is also a 10 H stamped on the end. I put it in and we'll see what happens. I would've guessed having the bolt threaded up the whole way would be weaker :dunno:

YamYboY said:
just curious, what size bolt is this I know its a 10mm but whats the threads and length?

Not sure if this question was for me, but I didn't get a chance to measure the bolt. From what I've heard since I installed it, it sounds like it's a tad shorter (like millimeters). Maybe someone knows and will chime in.

Back