• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive Sprocket Alignment on 2007 VK-PRO

Apex18

Expert
Checked my drive sprockets & noticed the single sprocket next to the chaincase is not situated on the drive lugs . It is sitting on the track but I just had enough room to get the drainscrew out to drain the chaincase oil.I loosened off the track & pried on sprocket but it was tight. I've never had a sprocket come loose before or move. Maybe it acts as an idler instead of a driver? If someone could check they're machine & give me a reply it would be much appreciated. THANKS

This has happened to mine too. Others also have had this issue. Move it back in place to mesh with the cogs with a prybar(a little WD40 helps) and then what I did was put a hose clamp on the shaft so the sproket won't move again.

Yeh well here I am also with the VK's problem. Left bearing failed,completely exploded also melted the plastic from being against the bearing. Yammi mec. told me this is a fault for these, so I need to get the driver over to get a new bearing on to seat properly! The shits I figure, why are these drivers moving out anyway?

Back