• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dry Weight!

COLDONE said:
rideblue, Its because dry weight is the only true weight!
The sled weighs what the dry weight is not what the fluids weigh!
Wet weight is the most BS way to weigh anything. One takes 2 qrts of oil the other takes 3.25 qrts. One takes 7.4 gals of gas the others take 10 gals. Those numbers can be played with, dry weight can not!!!

Hope that helps!

BR

I wouldn't agree with you totally on this because you don't ride the sled without oil in the shocks without a snowflap, gear oil or antifreeze. From what I understand that is how some manufactures weigh the sled "dry". And probably without a gas cap, ski tips or carbides and who knows what else. I really comes down to the fact that you can't ride the sled "dry". I do agree that its hard to have a fair comparison due to the differences in fuel capacity and such but I really don't care how much more or less the other sled weighs than mine anyway!! I just can't wait to ride next year.

:4STroke:

Rideblue has it right.
Wet weight it the number that counts as that is the number that most people start a ride with. All the fluids topped off, no matter how much they hold.
That is unless you ride it like 08NTRX mentions. But then again, who cares how much it weighs if you "ride" it that way.

OK, without being out of line. I know the cheapest way to make your sled weight 50 lbs. lighter and still be reliable and strong...............

Cut back on the french fries, beer, and pizza. Loose 50 lbs. off your gut, and you won't really care if the sled is a dry or wet weight. Unless you want to weigh yourself without your own fluids which might be a good weigh (no pun intended) on cutting back on these crazy weight blogs!!!

All in good fun, but seriously I lost 60 lbs. a few years back, and man my sled rocked after that!!!! didn't cost a cent, was actually cheaper!!!

Steve

Should use a simple ride weight set-up. ie: fill up all the needed fluids as one would do before a ride and then put in 5gal of fuel in all the sleds being weighed. This would bring all the sleds on a level and fair platform for all to see.

Dry weight is useless. I mean who cares what it weighs with no coolant, no oil, no battery fluid, no brake fluid, no shock fluid and no fuel. I hear the weight issue from the skidoo guys all the time. That's good that their sleds are light, I'm happy for them. Mine still climbs better, is faster and is more reliable. When it's stuck, it sucks, but we help each other anyway. I also pack about 30lbs less fuel for the same ride.

Back