• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont slides or wheels

I bought the 135mm or whatever kimpex wheels that use the wider bearings. got the skidoo mounts. few cuts to the front wheel spacers and a washer on the stock mounts and all was good. costed me $80. Put 1200 miles on shitty oem replacments and they are about half gone. My last weekend of riding really did most of the damage with low snow and ice. track is all windows open every other clipped oem ripsaw. 09 xtx.

ummm, it would be just the opposite, larger wheels roll easier, and the larger diameter wheels prevent the track from flexing as much, thus reducing the resistance from that. Look at any of the drag sleds and they run very large wheels.

Ya I know the larger wheels in the back, less resistance turing around a bigger wheel for sure. Thats why 8 tooth drivers kill speed as well. But this wouldnt be true on the rest of the wheels.

If the larger wheels are reducing slide pressure (that's the whole point right? Reduce slide wear) then I would think there would be less friction in a wheel than a track rubbing more on the slides, therefor more speed.

Just my take on it.

Back