• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dupont slides pro,s and cons

They were to me. I have about 8000km on them and very very little wear showing. Just my $.02.

I have almost 15000 km on stock slides (2016 stx dx 146 ) so to me there not worth the $$

I have them on my Apex, I guess It just depends on how your factory slides are holding up, some riders get a lot of miles on factory slides as you can see, but others may only get maybe a 7-800 miles max to a set of factory slides on a Yamaha, so this is where Dupont slides help and are worth the money.

I used them on my apex and they seemed to last ok, but i run my track as loose as possible without ratcheting.
I believe having the track too tight is most often the reason for increased hyfax wear.
I have not tried them on my viper. The dealer tried to push them on me but right now my viper has 5000+ miles on the original hyfax. If the originals last that well, theres no need for dupont in my opinion

2011 venture... stock were gone in 1000km.....duponts have approx. 14,000km and lots of life left in them.When they do go, I'll be replacing them with duponts.

Ran them on the nytro for a few seasons. Lately I have been using the clear/white sliders. They stand up very well. Combined with ice scratchers in low snow conditions they can last quite a while. And they are cheap. Conclusion - not worth the money to buy them.
MS

I think it depends on the conditions you ride in. Not much reason for off trail powder riders to need them but with the poor winters we have been having I chose to try them. My original slides were very worn near the bottom of the bend and near the rear in only 450 miles. A lot of lake and river running with low snow and hi speed. The duponts do seem to be wearing much better this year. The high price is the only con.

They are awesome. Probably lasts 4x or more longer than stock. Been using mine for about 4 seasons. Alot of miles. Its worth it in the long run

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I wish those.expensive slides would have been around when I had my SRX. Scratchers helped but I still went thru too many slides. It makes sense that this innovation came from Yamaha. The Arctic Cat designed skid is easy on slides. Over 5000 mile life is typical for me. Hard to justify the high cost slides on the newer machines.

My Phazer stock plastic only went 500 miles, added an extra set of wheels and got 2000 out of plastic. Duponts on at 2500 and have 5000+ on them but the vespel is getting pretty thin at the front bend for about a 5" section, rest is still over 1/2. For me that's over 3x the length of use and for the first couple of hundered miles of use VS plastic you don't get the drag of the plastic wearing in on iffy conditions. What was funny is the stock idlers are under sized so until the duponts wore in a bit there where times I could look down and the idlers were not spinning since they were slighty off the track! My viper looks like it will go 2000+ on the factory slides, and I'll still install duponts and probably never change them again.

Back