• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electric supercharger

You won't burn anything down with just a little more hp on top. I'm just pointing out what we learned running the ECP filter kit a few years ago. ECP filters flow far more air than the stock airbox which reduces vacuum, thus the need for jetting richer to draw enough fuel to make power on WOT. As far as I understand this project you are also reducing restriction with your home made airbox and fan, it will flow more air than stock airbox, it will be less vacuum to draw fuel, then you must jet up. I am sure SUPERTUNER can explain all about this subject as he has the knowledge and a dyno to back up the theory with facts. Good luck with your project.

Well I am actually impressed with the quality of this unit the wires are heavy enough to run the eram. What I am not impressed it with is the psi. It states a 1 psi on their website. I hooked this thing up to a fully charged battery and it blows lots of air alright but it does not build any pressure at all. It does not even move the needle off of its rest. I emailed them and they got back to me and said this.

From e-ram

The e-RAM produces .5psi STATIC pressure

1psi is the NET pressure gain you will see on your intake, as all engine intakes run at a vacuum. The e-RAM works by relieving vacuum AND adding pressure. If your intake is running at a negative 1psi vacuum, and the end result is an intake with 0psi, then you have gained a NET pressure gain of 1psi.

This is where the HP comes from.

PLUS: you just can’t hook the e-RAM to a fully charged battery and expect 13.8V. The e-RAM is designed to run off of a RUNNING ENGINE which has the alternator to keep the voltage of the entire electrical circuit up to 13.8V even under load. A 12V battery (fully charged, but not attached to an active charging circuit) will experience a voltage drop of over 1V when the e-RAM is activated, which also effects the output power of the e-RAM.

Although your idea for testing the e-RAM may have seemed valid to you, the result of your test is not.

Regardless, the e-RAM produces the HP that we claim on all internal combustion engines. Our dyno graphs are real, and that is what is important.

Regards,

I emailed them back again and told them no where does it state on your website that this only makes .5 psi it says 1 psi each and every time it is mentioned the word static pressure or net pressure is never mentioned. I then pointed out to him how did they get a guage to read to read 1 psi then as a gauge only reads what is there it does not care about net pressure or vacuum. Your gauge then should be reading .5 psi not the advertised 1 psi. I have not recieved a email back yet. I also did as he metioned and hooked this up to my truck running then did the psi test. Just like I expected it did not build any pressure doing this either. I hooked the gauge up to my 120 volt vacuum leaf blower and it made 2 psi.

So not sure if I should proceed or not I can see the air box costing about $150. This will definitly feed this engine all the air it wants it just wont do it with any kind of pressure. The gauge I am using is not a real expnsive one so I do believe it is at .5 psi. I guess if a guy did build the air box if anything else I would gain from losing the restrictions of the stock air box prior to WOT. This eram will feed the engine all the air it needs so it is bound to build some HP. Disapointing for sure I would have liked to see the advertised 1 psi at least.

Yea well I had to find out for sure for myself. It would not be like a turbo or s/c for sure but it would have been nice to get 10 to 15 HP for $500 add on without buying Nos bottles all the time. The only negative remarks are from the turbo or s/c guys why is that? This if it works would just be a step above the ECP kit is all.

ken_climb said:
You should have scrapped this a 107 posts ago! :drink:

108 :drink: :o| now your out 500.00 and wasted a lot of time you could have been working to save up for a Turbo.

If it seems too good to be true it is!

You got caught up in the biggest scam there is, it's been around for the last 10 years.

By the way you can buy a blower motor like that in Grangers for around 100.00 bucks.

Ted Jannetty said:
ken_climb said:

108 :drink: :o| now your out 500.00 and wasted a lot of time you could have been working to save up for a Turbo.

You got caught up in the biggest scam there is, it's been around for the last 10 years.

By the way you can buy a blower motor like that in Grangers for around 100.00 bucks.

How do you figure that Ted? I didnt buy this from ebay!!! They are returning my money including shipping so I am out the shipping cost of sending it back is all. They still claim it will make the 5% hp if it is hooked up and that is why I have to pay to pay the shipping back. Scammers dont take back their product and return your money now do they. So again another turbo guy with nothing constructive or positive to add. What are you guys threatened that this only cost $300 when you paid $5000 or what. I am getting to the point where I will spend the money and install this just to thumb my nose at you naysayers.

Please post a link to grangers motor you talk about.

Ted Jannetty said:
NOPE we were Just trying to get you to see the obvious.

A Scam is a Scam is a Scam

Get your facts straight calling it a scam when it is not. Misleading advertising on the psi output yes on the HP output remains to be seen as it does pump a lot of air and it is not hooked up yet.

Ted Jannetty said:
ken_climb said:

Please post a link to this granger motor you talk about!

I took a good look to set this up onto the stock box so as not to have to build one. There is no way that I could see to do it other than to build a new air box. Seeing as this does not produce 1 psi as advertised and to make the few turbo and S/C guys happy I am sending the unit back and they are refunding my money in full including the shipping so they are not scammers as suggested earlier :moon: . I also said all along it was going back if it didnt produce the 1 psi. This project is now abandoned. If it had made the 1 psi I would have spent the extra money and continued with it.

My guess is if they "mislead" you on the output of the fan they more than likely have a "misleading" hp output also. I'll give you credit for giving it a try. Most guys wouldn't have had the gumtion to try it. If nothing else was attained from this we all now know (if you didn't to begin with) that it isn't worth doing.

woodsrider said:
My guess is if they "mislead" you on the output of the fan they more than likely have a "misleading" hp output also. I'll give you credit for giving it a try. Most guys wouldn't have had the gumtion to try it. If nothing else was attained from this we all now know (if you didn't to begin with) that it isn't worth doing.

You bet and thanks. :D

hey did you hook it up to a battery and fly it like it shows on the video?
Look at it this way too, Rod, LOTS of guys spent many thousands of dollars this year, did a self install on forced induction, or in some cases dealer install, and are now out the engine, if it puked out the exhaust the blower too, all you did was lose some shipping!

Nothing ventured means nothing gained, right?

Back