• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine wont rev to full RPM?

no video, camera isnt here.. but lets just say i cant stop shaking.

im gonna put my fuel pressure reference back off the carb boots as im loading up like its going out of style when i let off. but WOW>. boost is AMAZING!

im getting interesting results.. i might have get it to run consistant. i just have a hard time holding it WOT as as soon as boost comes on and i get traction i have to let off cuz i get scared.. im in an alley. gotta work on figuring out might need 130 mains and not have to bleed so much pressure off, kinda running funny.

yeah, im really excited i got it running, now im just waiting to take it out to fine tune it.. and i need to hard mount the bleeder valve.. having it flopping around i really thing it was having a negative affect on consistancy...

im gonna zip tie it down..

I also hooked my fuel pressure regulator back up to my carb boots, but when it gets warm it has so much vaccum my fuel psi drops WAY down around 1# at idle.. and seems to want to idle up as its super lean.. needs more fuel to calm it down.. it idles fine till its been run a little.. should i crank up my fuel or what? i just dont want to much fuel psi up high.

Running PL stage 3 IC I went down from 135 to 132.5 and I was still in the low 11s, I have now gone down to 127.5 and I hope to be at 12.0-12.5 running it wot. I can get away with these #s running meth.

I'm glad you found the little bugger keeping your engine from running properly.

yeah, ill take it out tommorow and see what the thing runs like.. i might need to drop down to 130's and run less bleed on the pitot tube..

on an RX1 with a fuel pressure regulator pulling signal off the carb boots... when it gets realy warm my sled idles at like 3000 and the fuel pressure is at around 1#... this confuses the crap out of me.. i know why the pressure drops. just seems funny why it idles so high, like the vaccum leans it out (pressure is lower then_) then it idles higher? just bouncing around thoughts... as a tiny amount of choke will idle it down but you have to keep the choke on.

that is the exact symptom of a lean idle, it happens on stock rx1s when the pilot jets are plugged, you need more fuel pressure at idle, 1psi is way to low stock is 4psi then matching as the boost comes on.

have fun tomm!

alright.. well, i didnt like the pressure off the airbox as it liked to load up on it when i let off the throttle fast.. even with the BOV opening.. i think ill add a little bit of fuel pressure and see if that doesnt help me out any..

should be a blast tommorow.

Ski-Dooin' it said:
alright.. well, i didnt like the pressure off the airbox as it liked to load up on it when i let off the throttle fast.. even with the BOV opening.. i think ill add a little bit of fuel pressure and see if that doesnt help me out any..

should be a blast tommorow.

That prioblem is likely your float level in the carbs.

Rx1M5

sorry, no updates becuase i was so busy enjoying my boost!! got the 125 mains in.. HOLY CRAP! thats way fast... im gonna drop to 122.5's when i go back up in elevation as my pitot bleeder is way open right now and i dont want to run out at the higher elevations. I kept blowing my carbs out of the boots, even have the little spacer guys removed and a large spring holding my carb rack up and back, also had to redo my turbo outlet to keep it inline with the airbox so it wasnt pulling the rack of as well.

need to adjust my wastegate, i was hitting 15# when i was going WOT in the field.. i loosened it a tad and am gonna dump some race gas in it.. thats SICK fast. track was spinning like crazy in the slush in the field, so i waterskipped it across some of the 1' deep puddles, the thing freakin lifted the skis and the track started to ratch it was hooking up so hard!

Great progress Ski-Dooin' it - glad to hear she's running hard :)

SWWEEETTTTTTTTTT!! Man got to LOVE BOOST!! Be safe have a BLAST!!! MERRY X TO ALL!!!!

Skydog

Back