• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Forums won't open and then take time to close

Boomer

Expert
Mr Sled,
I've been having some problems occasionally where I click on a forum or a topic and my progress bar will start moving then stop and go right back to inactive, I can click several times before it will finally open. During these times it may also take a while for me to back out also. The last thing will be that when I open up the TY site, I have to log in, even though I never logged out. For some reason the site is logging me off. These strange happenings are only occurring on TY and no where else on my computer or other sites.

Is this due to high traffic and the server being overworked? I have done the normal cookie and cache cleaning to no avail. Anyone else having this type of thing happen here on TY?

good report, The server is really being pushed and it is bogging. I know Tom debated about doing an upgrade like now, but that is tough to do during the busy season. Spring will bring faster and better with a major server upgrade, not to worry!!!

If the site is bogging it is definately NOT a good time to search as that really adds to the load big time.

What I am doing when it gets sluggish is I log off TY and check my emails, visit my other sites and check on the kids etc
I give TY another shot 10 minutes later and often it is back to being very fast.

worth mentioning in closing, that the server was reset earlier tonight. I think that may log everybody off.

Tork is correct and thanks for posting. We have a new server in the works after the season and sorry for the slowness. Traffic is extremely high in the evening from Sunday to Wed and after that it tapers off. But with the low snow, rain and warm weather it has really taken a toll on the site with everyone home instead of sledding.

Back