• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float 3 and Qs3 Internal Floating Piston

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
These shocks have a plastic internal piston. It also doesn't have a wiper on it. This new design allows the piston to cock in the bore so the Nitrogen gas in shock which is at 200psi and much more under compression will bypass the piston and get Oil into Nitrogen and Vice versa. Also the piston when cocked in bore can cause shock to stick or worse break the piston itself. All shocks eventually need servicing for a variety of reasons including this but these shocks will require much sooner intervals. This was just a cost saving measure. When servicing these shocks I am recommending replacing this piston with the older style aluminum piston which is a much better design. The QS3 rc such as on LE models have a good aluminum piston so they are not a issue. Here is some pics of one that was actually broke and the aluminum piston I replaced it with.
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG

Gonna have a full set of the float qs3's for sale off a 2018 sidewinder mtx 153 le this fall, in Canada for anyone who's interested. Upgrading to Elka's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure yet, haven't looked them up yet to see what they're worth !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTB...... Oh sorry for a minute I thought I was in the classified section.

Steve Thanks for the update on this sad to say but seems to be the way of the world today how can we make sure our product just out lasts the warranty so we can sell more parts. Glad we have you to sell us the right quality part to make it last longer.

Back